VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd P&t And Work?

Rate this question

k02

Question

After two years I finally received my decision. 100% for PTSD Permanent and Total.

Now here is my question. I know I can't work. I barely leave the house as it is. But I can't sit in my house and just let my illness get the best of me. I have been given the opportunity to write articles regarding my military experience. Write now I am just dipping my feet into this, but eventually if people like my work I may start getting paid. It's pretty much like a work at home gig. It helps me keep my mind off of everything, but it allows me to roll through the motions of having the highs and lows of being crazy. I know people don't like to be called crazy, but let's face it. What's going on upstairs is not normal. So I consider myself crazy :)

Now back to my question. Has anyone else run into this situation? I know the VA has lowered Vets ratings when they volunteered at the VA. Because they considered that functional. But lets be real. These brothers and sisters go when they can and don't commit to it if they can't. That is not work. That is getting out of the house to do something that is giving back to society. And even if war has altered our brain waves, we will always have that want to serve. Even if it's few and far between.

Just curious on your thoughts.

It mans your rating is not considered P & T and you are scheduled for a five year reevaluation exam in 2019. If the 2019 exam determines that your condition has not improved you will keep your rating. If the exam determines your condition has improved, the VA will try to lower your rating.

If you have problems with your condition between now and your 2019 exam, seek medical treatment and keep copies of your treatment records. You want to have as much evidence as possible and be prepared in 2019 in the event the VA tries to reduce your rating.

Good luck to you.

You are welcome.