VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Children Of Vietnam Vets

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

Nor will you find them in 38 CFR §3.309(e). VA quit looking at new diseases for presumptive inclusion after Parkinson's/IHD/Hairy "B" cell leukemia. They have absolutely no desire to do more research. All investigative work will cease in 2016 absent any action by Congress to extend the time limit for research. Currently, our numbers of Vets who were exposed are dwindling at a horrific rate. Last check was 860,000 of 2.9 million in-country. Hell, there are more Korean Vets alive than those of us exposed to the rainbow defoliants.

clear prop

I'm not sure where to post this, since I haven't been able to find any threads of this nature. I believe I may have a possible claim as a child of an AO showered Vietnam Veteran. My original VA rating letter mentions Spina Bifida of the S-1. Can anyone give me some input on this? Thanks

Semper Fi.

Andyman73,

You can go to the VA website and find the section on "Spina Bifida and Agent Orange." I found the VA info by typing in "Spina Bifida and Agent Orange" on Google and the VA info page was the first one listed.

Good luck to you.

GP

I wonder if autism spectrum disorders are related to AO. most autistics have digestive disorders, and the medical community now believes the circuitry in the brain is super connected in some areas and lacking in other areas, explaining the hypersensitivity in some senses and less brilliant in other senses, such as speech, motor skills, cognitive abilities. `

GP,

Thanks, I will check that out. If you or any one else has any personal insight on this particular subject, please share. Va already has accepted and diagnosed degenerative disc disease at the same spot.

Andyman73,

My second granddaughter was diagnosed with autism and I often wonder if my AO exposure in Vietnam or exposure to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina may have been the cause of her autism because no one else in our family has ever had autism.

To my knowledge, the VA has not recognized autism as being connected to AO or the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune and they have not offered benefits to grandchildren of Vietnam veterans or Camp Lejeune veterans for any medical conditions developed by the grandchildren.

I do not have any personal knowledge or insight regarding AO and Spina Bifida other than what I have read on the Internet.

Take care.

GP