VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Children Of Vietnam Vets

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

GP,

I have seen a rather extensive list of ailments stemming from AO exposure of parents to their children. But the list was generated for general info, and not because the VA or the FED are recognizing anything beyond spina bifida, from male Vets. Ironically the list of accepted illnesses in kids of female Vets has maybe 2 dozen entries, versus only one for kids of exposed male Vets. One of my nephews has autism, my twin brother's son, high functioning, but still.

I just learned, 2 days ago, a fellow Marine that I only know from the gas station where I get my paper at 0400hrs, is one of the lucky Camp Lejeune water drinkers. I encouraged him to get himself checked out at our local VA hospital.

As for me, I have yet to even hear of another Veteran, disabled or not, who is also a child of an AO exposed Vietnam Veteran. I really do feel like the odd man out. :huh:

Semper Fi.

Andy

Andy,

My granddaughter is also considered high functioning. She is classified as Asperger's Syndrme. She has an amazing memory. She can watch a TV show and memorize the lines and she also has all of the lines in some. of her favorite books memorized. However, she has problems socializing with others and making friends.

I know there are a lot of children of AO veterans who are also veterans, including some here on Hadit.

GP.

GP,

I'm not sure to what extent my nephew is affected by autism. Just that he is in the high functioning end. Does a lot of OCD type actions that are commonly associated with Autism.

As for me, I don't know any Vets in this category. Didn't mean to imply there weren't any at all.

Andy

Simper Fi

No problem Andy.

Good luck to you and Semper Fi.

GP

There's movement at the wire. Got a call from Philly VARO verifying my claim. Lady told me that the claim is being sent on to the AO office in Denver, CO. Which solely handles all AO claims. So...now we wait, some more.

Andy,

Good to hear. I hope you get some good news in the near future.

GP