Confused With Pending 100% Tdui

IraqVet

Question

I am currently 70% combined SC. I have 50% PTSD, 30% Kidneys, and 10% Hypertension. I currently have on appeal for a denial for TDUI as well as seizures. My lawyers certainly went through the piles of my medical and presented a good argument for the DRO to reconsider as I am 100% SSDI for PTSD, and do not leave the house anymore and have not been able to work since 2009. I recently was pulled in for a C&P over a month ago.

My question is today I received a Letter from VFW asking me to enroll in TRICARE and CHAMPAVA SUPPLIMENT insurance. It saws the only way I can enroll is if I am currently enrolled in Tricare ChampaVA. Yet I am not. So why are they sending me this ? DO they know something I do not? I am expecting a decision soon as I just got my C&P over a month ago. Says on the letter it mailed just for my enrollment, seems like it would be a huge waste to send to ALL veterans if they are not eligible in the first place.

5 answers to this question

Sounds like they are trying to sell insurance.

For now it sounds like a screw up to me.

More - hurry up to wait and see.

jmho

I agree with Iraq Vet. Congress recently approved 17 billion to go to the VA and help reduce wait times for Vets, as many Vets died waiting on an appointment. So, I have heard somewhere else that Vets may get more choices, especially when VA cant or wont serve you, because of a long delay.

Its absolutely crazy that my wife gets better care than I do...she gets champva, and can go to any doc, while I have to get in very long lines at the VA and I am the disabled Vet, and she never served.

Champva is superior to VA in many ways, and they may be opening this up for Vets to get private care instead of VA. If this is indeed happening, then that would be a very positive change.

• Like 1

• HadIt.com Elder

No one said the VFW was smart. Yup, sounds like they're hawking insurance and they'll get some kind of a kick back. It has nothing to do w/your claim. jmo

I sure dont know what VFW is talking about.....

and Yes, I wish ALL veterans could get CHAMPVA . It is wonderful.

"good argument for the DRO to reconsider as I am 100% SSDI for PTSD, and do not leave the house anymore and have not been able to work since 2009. I recently was pulled in for a C&P over a month ago."

With the SSDI solely for the PTSD and if VA was fully aware of that award, they definitely might have committed a CUE in the denial decision. ( Cue under violation of 38 CFR 4.6)

In my opinion, you should be eligible for TDIU and SMC S for Housebound.

Have you been formally diagnosed with agoraphobia due to the PTSD?

Your lawyers might want to consider my GCY (Go Cue Yourself) tactic here in our CUE forum if the reconsideration attempt fails and you are still within the appeal period

I am sure they advised you that a reconsideration request does NOT stop the NOD one year deadline clock.Nor does a GCY request.