VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Evidence Intake Center?

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Is this an old or new way for VA to confuse a veteran?

In order to improve claim processing timeliness, Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) has begun deployment of Centralized Mail Processing (CMP) for compensation claims and claim related documents.

If you have additional evidence to submit to support your claim, please mail or fax your evidence to the applicable CMP location below. Please be sure to put your name and claim number or social security number on every page of documentation you mail or fax to VA and keep a copy of everything for your records.

When submitting claims:
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Claims Intake Center
PO Box 5235
Newnan, GA 30271-0020

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience is to use a FAX.  You have a FAX record for proof and it goes directly into the data base without waiting for someone to Scan. 

I have been told that the intake center for me is Janesville WI and if I want to request my VES C&P to do a written FOIA request for them and my Regional Office will FAC it and they will be mailed to me...

• HadIt.com Elder

My records were requested during the mark up of the evidence intake centers.  My hard copy file was transferred from Pittsburg VARO to Cheyenne VARO.  Cheyenne sent my file to Denver to be copied and scanned.  They sent me a full copy and then some.  A stack of documents 6 ft tall if stacked one on top of the other. 

An awful lot of duplication which looked like the copying company upped their bill by sending stacks of documents through their feeder more than once.

Eventually my attorney received a CD with 1420 pages.  Many items missing and covered by an exception clause in the cover letter that had no basis.  After requesting the missing documents be included on a CD or the specific reason for the exception be stated, I received a CD with over 3600 pages from Janesville.  Still can't find missing evidence of a critical nature.

Have requested a copy of my archived Medical file to replace missing documents in the C&P file.  Received instead another copy of the CD.

I expect to have to use a subpoena in my SF-95 tort claim to obtain the missing evidence which is referred to in documents still in the C&P file.

My requests were addressed to the Central Office FOIA officer originally.  Now there are FOIA officers at each facility.  But I've still been unable to locate exactly where my hard copy VA Medical File is or how to get the progress notes from facilities that separate computer documentation from laboratory or pharmacy which is in your current eBenefits download of your medical file.

Don't expect much without a big fight.  And remember things are still in a flux.  You can't find where things are.  My BVA hearing judge said, "Lots of luck.  We can't even get a response from the Medical Division."

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't say which records you are looking for.  Current va medical treatment records? download from eBenefits.  Claims file request from VARO.  Hard copy records and records from the period when each facility had their own computer programs.  Lots of luck.  If anyone can find a way let me know.

A copy and paste:

VA Records Center and Vault : Military Records

The VA Records Center and Vault frequently receives calls and e-mails from Veterans seeking military and/or medical records. Unfortunately, we are unable to assist because the records requested are usually not at our Center. While some VA Medical Center records are stored at our facility, those records are archived by VA medical facility, not by Veteran’s name, and cannot be released to individuals. If you received treatment at a VA Medical Center, you will need to contact the Release of Information Officer or the Medical Records Transfer Clerk at the facility where you received treatment. If your records have been sent to us for archiving, only that facility has authority to request the return of the records for dissemination. You can find locations and phone numbers for all VA hospitals at this VA website.

For military personnel records and/or military health and medical records, please contact the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) at their website.