VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay

Rate this question

jseale

Question

My claim was completed this last Friday, August 22, 2014. The AB8 is showing the new rating. I know I will start getting the pay on the 1st of Sept. is that also when the back pay will more than likely drop as well? Thanks for the input.

If you file within one year of your discharge date they have to pay you back to the discharge date which will be the date they approve your disability.

"and sitting in the VA briefing class all day was a nightmare.."

I bet it was.

My daughter (USAF) said her VA briefing was pretty good ( somehow she ended up in a Navy briefing) but she added it was full of some VA BS too.

Some guy was actually going to charge them 5 bucks for the VA Vet Benefit pamphlet ( which is so condensed it doesn't have much info)

but then said they didn't really have to pay for it.

(Why should they? It is at the VA web site and vet reps often give free ones to vets.)

Her dad and I were hardcore claimants so she knew already that the claims process is a paper battleground

for far too many vets.And VA messed up her first and only VA claim ( just to get her Chap 35 Eligibility cert.)

but that got fixed right away by her Mommy.

One more question... Does anyone have an example of a time of when their claim closed and received their backpay... I didn't retire... And from what I heard its a lot faster than being a retired military...

I already received my BBE the day after it was written..

If you have direct deposit it may already be in your account. I actually received my retro before I received the BBE. Keep checking your account daily until it pops up.

If you do not have direct deposit, it will take longer but I am not sure how much longer.

Good luck.