VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pls Help Guide Me! Not Sure If Should Nod Or Ask 4 Reconsideration

Rate this topic

forgot to add...did VA have this info when they made the decision?

" A Functional Independence Measure (FIM) was performed by a certified VA Home Based Primary Care Occupational Therapist on Month ##th of 2012 which found me to require aid and attendance for most activities of daily living (ADLs) due to service connected disabilities, including getting into and out of the tub, lowering and rising from the toilet, getting into and out of bed, reaching and grabbing, and prolonged standing, walking or sitting, and preparing food or performing household or yard chores.

I am physically unable to leave the house without aid. Around the clock care is provided by my Husband, a VA provided Certified Home Health Aide (three days a week), an Ambulette Driver en route to a VA Medical Center, or VA Medical Staff during appointments and hospitalizations. "

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, all the evidence (16 page LIST of distinct documents) was listed in the rating decision. I have no need to supply additional evidence, though it most certainly exists (ongoing treatment, home health care, home health aid that assists with ADLs, meal prep, light household chores, etc.). All that stuff was happening and documented in the claim.