VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits Change In My Claim Status, What A Screw-Up!

Rate this question

vern2

Question

I filed a claim back on June 4, 2014 for scar on my chin dating from 1973. It was listed as received on June 4, 2014. Simple claim, had LOD, medical treatment records and my 21-526. sent back the 5103 stating no further info on this claim. I filed another claim for heart issues on June 30, 2014, VA received it on July 3, 2014. It never made it to eBenefits until today, when saw change. Leave it to Va to screw everything up! I have included the printout of their notice. I have two open claims, plus a FOIA "claim" and they have managed to screw this up. I did call Peggy, and left message as wait time was almost one hour.

Details of Your Claim
Claim Received: 06/04/2014 (note: this is date of another claim, did not even mail this claim until June 30, 2014 and VA received it on July 3, 2014)
Claim Type: Compensation
Estimated Claim Completion Date: 03/08/2015 to 09/01/2015 (note: the other claim had completion date of 2014, seems that they have moved it forward one year!)
Contentions: VBMS (New), structural heart disease (New), cardiomegaly/cardiomyopathy (New), carotid artery disease (New) Note: (these are the contentions in my new claim; my old claim was for scar on chin)
Claims Status Process
Skip the Claims Process and go to the current phase.
1. Claim Received
2. Under Review
3. Gathering of Evidence
4. Review of Evidence
5. Preparation for Decision
6. Pending Decision Approval
7. Preparation for Notification
8. Complete
Next Steps:
We will review all available evidence and make a decision on your claim upon receipt of all requested information as outlined in the headings, "What Do We Still Need from You?" and "What Have We Done?".

Several factors will determine the duration of the "Development" phase, including:
• type of claim filed
• number of disabilities you claim
• complexity of your disability(ies), and
• availability of evidence needed to decide your claim.
Additional Details
• Regional Office of Jurisdiction:
St. Petersburg
• Send Documentation To
Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office
Regional Office
PO Box 1437
St. Petersburg, FL 33731
Upload Documentation
What Do We Still Need From You? Your Attention is Needed
• Automated 5103 Notice Response
Date Requested: 06/26/2014
Due Date: 07/26/2014
Note: never received a 5103 for new claim on heart, etc. I did complete a 5103 for the chin claim and sent it back on July 7, 2014.

Prior to today all the info on eBenefits pertained to the old claim. Glad I printged this and saved it. More delays because of VA mix-ups:)

Vern2

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Be patient.......... E-benefits is not perfect and I seriously doubt it is updated regularly.

Continue to perfect your claim with good medical evidence.

Hang in there and good luck.