VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Obama's New Va Reform Bill--How To Use It?

Rate this topic

I had good luck with this "workaround", that you can try.

I am in physical therapy for my knee. My PT has a PHD, that is, he is a doctor, too.

So, he put in consults for me as it took far too long for me to get an appointement with VA's Orthopedics. (I have one leg longer than the other, and needed shoes that were orthopedic, with one about 11/4 in thicker than the other.

I had not had good luck with prime care, but my physical therapist "got er done" for me. I explained I fell through the cracks with a Prime Care Doc, because my PCP left..got another one, and he left. So I wound up with no PCP for months.

My Physical Therapist rescued me.

I will add this almost always works with the VA: Use the "Teenager" method: If one VA employee says no, then find another, and another until they say yes. You need to remember, that the VA is a "juvenile" organization, where the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. If you keep that in mind, along with extreme patience and persistence you can usually get what you need.

Edited by broncovet

Thanks for the comments. I'll try anything!

As for the Patient Advocate...all she has done is read the Dr's note.

I say "that's it!" and she says "yep!". Useless! I'll never go to her again for anything.

• 4 years later...

UPDATE

After a letter to Washington, a promenade kidney surgeon called me on the phone apologizing. He said the condition was a misdiagnosis and he’s flying down to do the surgery.  I kid you not!  Wow!  Two days later, that kidney was removed with all the atrophied utter and connections.  Turns out, the 10.2 cm bowling ball was an aneurism of the utter tube coming from my right kidney to my bladder.  He said if that had burst for any reason, we’ll, let’s just say it would be messy.  Thank God I listened to my gut!

Btw, I fired that Doctor!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
21 hours ago, pmchugh7 said:

UPDATE

After a letter to Washington, a promenade kidney surgeon called me on the phone apologizing. He said the condition was a misdiagnosis and he’s flying down to do the surgery.  I kid you not!  Wow!  Two days later, that kidney was removed with all the atrophied utter and connections.  Turns out, the 10.2 cm bowling ball was an aneurism of the utter tube coming from my right kidney to my bladder.  He said if that had burst for any reason, we’ll, let’s just say it would be messy.  Thank God I listened to my gut!

Btw, I fired that Doctor!

@pmchugh7 I'm glad they finally got you taken care of!