VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Understanding Retro-Pay

Rate this question

roses15534

Question

i was 80% and filed some additional claims in Nov-2012 and it was decided in Dec-2014 it went to 100% P&T so I get my retro and letter the other day and I was expecting around 14k-16k but it was only 2,688.00 would it not be the difference from 80%-100% at 1,400 a month times the 12 months? Can anyone tell me who is right where the mistake is in laymen terms please? Do I need to appeal this or what should I do? I have attached my decision letter and VA calculations of the retro that I do not understand. Thanks for your help in this matter in advance.

va.pdf

va1.pdf

This happen to me. I received 90% in 2012, and then 100% in 2013, and they did play me the difference for 90-100%. I would differently check on it. I see that you retired from the Military, so you should be getting concurrent pay, which is your Military and VA retirement checks, Right? Good luck Gy, and I hope everything works out for you. One thing for sure. The VA will pay you what they owe you, so don't stress too much.

Semper Fi.

Aggie

I would love to know. I have an attorney and I'm sure if my 90 to 100 bump retro is screwed up they will correct it since more money for me is more money for them. I would love to know the screw up in your retro so I can prevent it from mine, in case I win. Please keep us posted.

marine0816 I called dfas today they said va messed up I went from 805 to 1005 va reported 905 for 11 months and 100% for 1 month back pay so now I have to call va and see what they say.

ok so I called them and the man was very nice and took the time to explain the VA math to me and do it for me comes out that all I knew was I went from 80-100 but in all actuality i went from 80-90-100 because of one of the dates on one of my claim items so they were right by me going from 80-90-100 they saved 12-14k but since its right no problem and I did check on the date and it is right also so no since in appealing it.