VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Do I Appeal?

Rate this question

ctbenja1015

Question

I filed my claim through the Chicago Regional Office, as I was living in Illinois at the time. I have since moved to California. My claim is at the Preparing for Decision phase now. If, when, I need to appeal do I do it through the Regional Office here or Chicago? How do I get any appeals or claims moved to my new location? Just trying to be ready ahead of time.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

ctbenja1015: No offense, but never "WAIT and SEE" with the VA. Prepair for the Denial, then celebrate if you are awarded on the first try.

I am assuming, usually not something you, I or We should ever do, that you have a SC Compensation Claim filed about a year or so ago. If you filed a SC FDC you probably had a C&P exam within a year of the filing date. Have you obtained a copy of the C&P Exam from the VAH Medical Center Records Dept? If not, please request all VA Clinicians notes as well as the VA DBQ that was completed and forwarded to the VARO rating Dept that has responsibility for your claim. That would be Chicago VARO. Be Proactive!

Semper Fi

Gastone