VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unepectedly Received ~800 Pages Of Documents From My File

Rate this question

just a guy

Question

Hi,

This is weird and I'm not sure what to make of it, or even where to post this.

I had a DRO review in June 2013 in Roanoke, VA. I am pending a BVA board. Date TBD. No # yet.

I received an enormous package addressed to me via US mail from the Roanoke office. This package includes about 800 pages of documents relating to my claims.

Many of them have receipt stamps on the front or back from the receiving VA office. Some have the two holes at the top as though they were in some VA c-file. They appear to be originals and not photocopies.

What am I to do with this, and what if anything does it mean?

Was this some kind of VA internal mistake and they were not supposed to go to me?

As usual, no one at Roanoke will answer my calls or emails.

Thanks,

j-a-g

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Whoooo, doggies. The real meal deal? Okay, here's the take on it. The records had to go to Janesville for digitizing by the cheeseheads. Someone screwed up and mailed you what was supposed to be inventoried and warehoused. Remember, they are not allowed to destroy the original c-file---EVER. Mine had other Vet's stuff in it, too. Check some of it out attached. (Brian Wells' name doesn't even end with a "G" like mine so how it migrated into my file is a VA mystery). Shit happens. At the VA, it's apparently a full-blown shit storm 24/7.

If you have original stuff, my advice is to rent a safe deposit box and be sure to make copies. Sit back and see what develops. Eventually, someone from VA will call and ask if you received something weird. They really can't lose that and not have to account for it. By all means do not call the OIG or you'll end up being the one who gets investigated for stealing them from the RO. The best part of all this is if they deny for some inane reason and you rebut with the real McCoy. That would really roll their socks down.

Cleared in hot. Weapons are Free.

post-12899-0-09660500-1410146945_thumb.j

post-12899-0-68831300-1410146956_thumb.j

post-12899-0-81101600-1410146967_thumb.j

post-12899-0-68563700-1410147003_thumb.j

nod, sort of coincidental that the files of another veteran were in my copy of my C-file. Everything needed for ID theft was there. And like your examples, they were Voc Rehab files.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Jim,

I had the same thing happen with my c-file. Someone else's paperwork was included in my box, but they were not VOC rehab files. I contacted the VA and they just asked me to mail them back. They acted like it was no big deal.