VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After C&p, How Long To Get A Copy Of Dbq?

Rate this question

chuck57thSig

Question

I've searched for a few days for a post I saw that mentioned this, but I can't seem to find it... Oh, how to get it? I've already done the "Blue Button" at Myhealthevet, The notes from the examiner are in there that refer to it as follows: (I'm taking out names in case that's not appropriate)

Date/Time: 27 Aug 2014 @ 0935
Note Title: PSYCHOLOGY NOTE
Signed By: XXXXXXXXXXX
Co-signed By: YYYYYYYYYYYYY
Date/Time Signed: 27 Aug 2014 @ 0936
Note
LOCAL TITLE: PSYCHOLOGY NOTE
STANDARD TITLE: PSYCHOLOGY NOTE
DATE OF NOTE: AUG 27, 2014@09:35 ENTRY DATE: AUG 27, 2014@09:35:06
AUTHOR: XXXXXXXXXXXX EXP COSIGNER: YYYYYYYYYYYYY
URGENCY: STATUS: COMPLETED
C&P Examination for PTSD (Initial) completed 8/27/2014 and under review
by Dr.
XXXXXXXX, Clinical Supervisor.
This note serves to close encounter. Please refer to C&P Examination note
for
further information.
This case is supervised by the cosigning psychologist. I have discussed this
case with this supervisor and he agrees with this diagnosis and treatment plan
in this note or has indicated any additions/corrections in the attached
addendum.
/es/ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX, PHD
Veterans Justice Outreach Coordinator
Signed: 08/27/2014 09:36
/es/ YYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYY, PhD
Cosigned: 08/27/2014 09:58

There's no other reference or addendum. I don't see "this diagnosis and treatment plan". Any input from anyone?

Chuck

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just to update in case someone later searches this - My C&P was done on a Wednesday, the following Tuesday I was able to get back to the VA, I went to the Freedom of Information Office lady and she printed it right out.

If it is psych you might not, those notes can sometimes be restricted and you can only get them by requesting and having it approved by the psych doc.

I was wondering if the psy aspect would have an impact on it... Thank you for your replies.

P. S. - Both were good and probable answers, but it only lets me selct one...LOL

Edited by chuck57thSig

Chuck57thsig: No guarantee, but next time your at your VA Reg Hospital, request the Clinician Notes including the Mental Health DBQ from your specific C&P Exam. I understand your's was done by a VA Contractor, but it's worth a try. I had to go back twice, 1st time I only got the clinician notes that just about followed the PTSD DBQ to the letter. A week or so later I requested the actual "DBQ" from the C&P and got it. If a VET request a DBQ from a VA treating Dr, VA regs require the DBQ to be completed at the office call and a copy given to the Vet and a copy be faxed to the VARO. It's a different ball game when VA Rating Dept requests the C&P Exam and the condition specific DBQ. I just recently had a C&P 08/14 from FDC filed 05/14. After discussing the Rating DBQ requested by VARO, the Dr opined that my claimed condition was secondary to a different SC condition. At my request, he completed a 2nd DBQ, gave me a copy and scanned both into my Med Recds.

As for Mental Health DBQs, if you request 1 from your treating Dr or Pschologist, their suppose to hand it off to a clinician not associated directly with you treatment. Makes sense, VA doesn't want you pissed off at your Mental Health Provider.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Chuck: U the Man! Never accept "CAN"T" from anyone at the VA. The "FOIA" doesn't allow the VA employees a lot of wiggle room.

How did C&P DBQ look? Do you agree with IT? You should be able to compare it to the PTSD rating section of 38 CFR 4 and come fairly close to VA Rater's decision. I new I was a lock for 50% after reviewing and comparing my C&P DBQ, rating came in at 70%. Have you discussed the statement regarding your VA treating Clinician's "agreement of diagnosis and treatment" the the C&P examiner placed in report?

Semper Fi

Gastone