VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Taharrington - New Member With Questions

Rate this question

taharrington

Question

My name is SFC Ret Thomas Harrington, I have read up extensively about title 38 and why I was denied I/U, but need someone's input that may have had the same experience, I filed an appeal, and I have my doctors letters that she wrote that I should be not working, it was for not only my protection, but for the benefit of the people I serve. I work in customer service and it is hard every day dealing with these people who automatically have attitudes at federal workers.

If I give my notice and contact the VA rep I was given, can it help my I/U claim in getting approved, or am I just doing a crap shoot that it will get me approved. I am only working because it pays my bills, and the money I would get from I/U would compensate me enough that I could stop working and start working on me and getting better.

Any one who has had the experience please help.

Can you clarify something.

You seem to be still emplyed as a federal custiomer service employee?

I assume then you make over the GNP poverty level wages.

TDIU apps really don't get much attention from VA, (and no TDIU awards) when a vet is still substantially employed.

Maybe I got your post wrong....

Many vets get into a glitch because they know they need to stop working due to SCs, and even doctors have said that, but they also know the TDIU claim can take a long time to resolve.

Often they can quit and with medical evidence and SSDI will award them and if the SSDI is Solely for the SCs they claim, then that is good evidence for TDIU.

Gee I forgot to ask...... are you eligible for FERS and if so, have you applied for FERS disability?