Multiple Myeloma & Water Contaminated With Tritium

I've been diagnosed with multiple myeloma. Never been sick a day in my life. Served in us army from 1981-1985 got out no issues. Served as DOD contractor on Kandahar for 14 months 2004-2005. Diagnosed 2012 with sphenoid sinus plasmacytoma since progressed to multiple myeloma. Come to find out the bottled water we drank was contaminated with tritinuim, that along with the toxins from the burn pit, then the raw sewage pond that blew all over the base. Anyone else sick like this? Is there a Dr who's an expert who can testify to the causation of my illness someplace? I can't be alone on this.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby,

I am service connected for multiple myeloma due to my presumptive agent orange exposure during the Vietnam war. I was also assigned to Camp Lejeune MCB from 1968-1970. Camp Lejeune's water supply was seriously contaminated with various toxic chemicals for decades and Camp Lejeune is considered an EPA super site due to the level of contamination. Several diseases, including multiple myeloma, were identified as possibly being caused by the chemicals involved in the water contamination. The VA has agreed to treat veterans and their family members who lived and/or worked on Camp Lejeune during the time the water was contaminated. However, at the present time the VA will not establish a presumptive list for diseases caused by the water contamination. The VA has decided to review each claim on a case by case basis to determine service connection.

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest researching the Camp Lejeune water contamination to find the names of doctors and other personnel involved in the research of the water contamination. A lot of Marine veterans are currently battling the VA to prove service connection for diseases they believe were caused by their exposure to the contaminated water. There are a few law firms, especially in North Carolina, who have assisted Marine veterans and their family members in filing claims with the VA. I would think some of these law firms would be familiar with doctors, pharmacologists and others who might be able to support the contentions that the chemicals in the contaminated water caused certain diseases, including the multiple myeloma. Perhaps they could also assist you or at least steer you to someone who can assist you with your claim.

Good luck to you.

Bobby,

You might want to contact Dr. Jerry Bush in Griffin, Georgia. Dr. Bush is a medical-legal consultant with 25 years of medical experience and is a certified medical expert in federal and state courts specializing in pharmacology and toxicology. In addition to his medical degree, he also has a pharmacy degree. According to his website, he has conducted thousands of IMEs for claimants in VA and SSA disability cases. His website is jerrybushmd.com.

According to other information I read on Dr. Bush, including Hadit website, he does prepare IMOs for veterans at a reasonable price. Perhaps he may be able to help you with your claim.

Again, good luck to you.