VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ig Let Veterans Affairs Officials Alter Report To Absolve Agency In Phoenix Deaths

Notorious Kelly

Regardless of which federal agency gets involved, there will be some level of political influence involved in the final report, especially if the findings of the investigation may have an adverse or negative impact on the administration in power.

The agencies involved in the investigation of the VA are all headed by political appointees. This includes the VA, VA OIG, and DOJ (FBI). When the administration changes from one party to another, agency and department heads are usually replaced by the incoming president. It does not matter whether the administration is Republican or a Democrat, the political appointees are people who will do just about anything to show their loyalty and allegiance to the administration.

I worked for an agency in the Department of Justice for over 25 years and my direct supervisors during my last 16 years were people appointed to their position by the President. I worked for both Republican and Democrat appointees and regardless of the party in power, the primary concern of the political appointees was how our involvement in high profile cases or in matters generating media attention might hurt or help the administration.

I hope the whole truth comes out about the mistreatment of veterans but I am still skeptical that our politicians will keep this matter high on their priority list for much longer. It is up to all of us to make sure they do. Just my opinion.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

e04.jpg