VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Checked Ebenefits And 100% Now

Rate this topic

vet201060

Started claim Feb 2014 and they back dated it to Dec 2013. I am not P and T tho. That will be the next thing to fight for. I am tired of dealing with it now. Dont wanna even think about it for a while even tho I need to file for an appeal on some of the issues. I am somewhat nervous about doing that and losing my 100% which I am extremely grateful for. I have hypertension that needs to be rated at least 0% and some issues with my legs secondary to my back. I have not been good at pleading my case on my behalf so I will seek help from DAV this time and see how that goes.

Thanks for all the info. This site is very valuable to me and many others. I have done all my claims myself based off the info I got here and I still need to apply that info to the claims that need to be rated.

STAY STRONG BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!

Congratulations and good luck to you.

Mikemmlg, it is worth fighting for P&T because of the educational benefits among not having to be reevaluated every few years. I am in my 30's and have 4 children that I want to send to college. Also, if I was to die due to my hypertension then my family would be screwed since I am not rated for it as I should have been right out of service. That is the way I understand it anyway. I really dont care about myself. I am still here because I have a responsability to them and with not leave them behind.

NavyWife, I have not received my packet in the mail yet. I have received a letter from the DAV and Ebenefits site shows me at 100% now with future exams in a few years. I dont understand the effective date. I will update you once I get my letter from VA. I dont know where to look for that info on the site

Thanks for the comments guys. I hope everything works out good for you guys too.

Edited by vet201060

Oh ok, if the date of dec 2013 is what is showing on the ebenefits letter, it is most likely that date is Not the effective date of your claim. The E benefits letter always says December 2013 or January 2014-the date of the last cost-of-living increase.

Your letter that comes in the mail will show your true effective date.

Do a Google search for The name of your state and veterans benefits. Some states such as California offer a full tuition waiver for all state schools for Children of veterans with any rating percentage. For example a veteran residing in California could have their children go to UCLA or any community college and not have to pay any tuition!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use