VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Filed, But I Am Hearing Conflicting Info

Rate this question

traveler

Question

I retired 1 August.

MY FDC was received by VA 8 August.

My county VSO told me that here in South Dakota, FDC are being finished within 106 days.

SO, I am on vacation, and waiting for a call for a C+P.

I called Hot Springs, which is where they said my C+P would be conducted, and they told me they have NOTHING on me.

So, I called and talked to h State VSO, and she told me it would be a LONG,LONG time before all is said and done, and that my C+P's could be out as far as January or February !!

Lastly, I go on to e-benefits, and my claim is under "gathering evidence". Why would they need to gather evidence, if I sent in a FULLY DEVELOPED claim ???? 10 items, and every single one is plain as day in my Military medical records

If I don't get a C+P before January, I think I may have to get a congressman involved.

Opinions?

UPDATE:

3 days ago my claim went to "Review of Evidence". It was in "Gathering Evidence" 33 days. Strange that they pushed it to the review stage without doing a C+P. I have heard that sometimes they will process a claim without a C+P if they believe the documentation is sufficient. About 2 weeks ago, I went in and talked to my VSO, and asked them if they could look into the status of my FDC. She made a call right there on the spot, and told me it was still being worked. About 2 days later I got a letter from VA Compensation stating sorry for the delay, your file is actively being worked, then a week after that I was pushed forward, as I stated, to the Review Phase. Now, I understand they can move it back, and possibly will, when they see a C+P(s) haven't been done, but who knows?

Agree with US VET. What is happening to you is not unusual. Ebenefits will drive you crazy. Ebenefits should qualify as a stressor for PTSD claims. JMO

I've been filing claims (my own) with the Sioux Falls RO for about 5 years now. The County VSOs are only trained to assist vets with state benefits. They are usually at the Court house 2 days a week. The state VSOs are in Sioux Falls and Rapid City. They are trained to handle compensation and pension claims. I don't know how much training the state VSOs have, but the few I've talked to seemed somewhat knowledgeable. I don't think I would want one that brings state politics into it though. It's up to the Federal Government to honor it's contract with military Veterans. They haven't had E-benefits for very long there. A few years ago I went into the office and asked them when they were going to get E-benefits as I had no VSO rep. Before the FDC claims, the RO used to be rather quick about the decisions....albeit sometimes too quick. C&P exams take a while because they don't have a large contractor but try to get the local VA doctors to do it. If you don't have DBQs in, they may want a C&P exam. Sometimes if you are willing to travel you can get an exam sooner. As such, they probably don't hire the sharpest tools in the shed, or maybe not even a doctor for that matter. Most of the C&P exams I have had there haven't been very good at all. This is from the remand of my last BVA decision:

“Return the claims file to a VA examiner of appropriate knowledge and expertise, other than the previous VA examiner.”

Edited by GatorNavy

I agree with GatorNavy 100% the C&P exams suck at the Sioux Falls RO. They are the reason I have three appeals going on right now.

Mike

Edited by BakerGeckos