VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Filed, But I Am Hearing Conflicting Info

Rate this question

traveler

Question

I retired 1 August.

MY FDC was received by VA 8 August.

My county VSO told me that here in South Dakota, FDC are being finished within 106 days.

SO, I am on vacation, and waiting for a call for a C+P.

I called Hot Springs, which is where they said my C+P would be conducted, and they told me they have NOTHING on me.

So, I called and talked to h State VSO, and she told me it would be a LONG,LONG time before all is said and done, and that my C+P's could be out as far as January or February !!

Lastly, I go on to e-benefits, and my claim is under "gathering evidence". Why would they need to gather evidence, if I sent in a FULLY DEVELOPED claim ???? 10 items, and every single one is plain as day in my Military medical records

If I don't get a C+P before January, I think I may have to get a congressman involved.

Opinions?

Nothing to worry about bud. I agree with the guys statements above. Also I submitted an FDC early part of June and I will have my C&Ps next week bud. This will be my third FDC claim, the first was 9 months, the Second was 7 months and this current FDC should be done by the end of the year. I have been helping Vets for the last two years and have only known a few that have completed their claims in less than 6 months. We all go crazy and have no patience with these claims, and as far as all the Evidence many of us have to keep fighting for Conditions, when they too were documented in our records. Good Luck

Traveler: The VA moves in strange and mysterious ways. Foremost in your SC Compensation quest is be Patient but Proactive. Unless you spent the last year before retirement researching the VA Claims System, spend your time now getting knowledge regarding Appeals. Your C & P's will take place, when they take place. Hope for the Best but Plan for the Worst. You just retired and this is probably only the 1st in what could be numerous future claims. Maintain your cool and keep pressure on the VA via your VSO Rep.

Out of approximately 7 claims filed since 8/2008, I did (2) FDC's back to back in 02/2014. After the 1st was filed I realized an error regarding a VA Diagnosis. New immediately it would be denied and submitted a NEW FDC within 2 weeks of the 1st. I was right, got the denial on the 1st around 06/14. As for the 2nd FDC, just had C&P mid July. Both these claims dealt with only 1 issue being secondary to one of my VA Diagnosed SC Conditions. How many issues are you claiming? The more you claim, the longer the rater takes.

My understanding of the FDC Process is that if the rater doesn't agree that everything needed to rate your claim is in hand, your claim goes into the general claim pile, Back in 2008, you could wait 6mos to a year for a C&P. Good luck!

Semper Fi

Gastone

I claimed 10 issues.

Every one is clearly recorded in my service medical records.

I reviewed the VA checklist to ensure that I made note of the "key words" found in the VA's checklists.

I am trying to remain positive, the few people I know that went through the process here it went through easily, but took TIME.

In fact my sleep study, titration study and subsequent CPAP use for OSA was all done by the VA.

Traveler: In your case, maybe no news is good news. If all your Claimed SC issues are already DX'd recently by USAF or VA Dr's, you may not get additional a C&P. If the Service and VA Medical records are adequate for rating purposes, pretty much cover all the pertinent DBQ questions, you may be good to go.

Take a couple deep breaths and stay cool. BUUUUUUT, start preparing your appeal strategy! Sounds like you have it locked but you never know with the VA.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Just figure, that I just Retired last year, so all Records should be current right. Well, between my 3 claims in the last 2 years there will be over 30 C&Ps. Just goes to show you we really don't know, sometimes the VA will beat us to Death, as they have done to me, and other Vets that I have helped, claimed multiple conditions, never had a C&P, and yet were rated well in the end. Just try to focus on your Future with your family, and whatever good hobbies you have. I assure you one thing, if you don't already have a Mental Condition, you will dealing with the Govt, Lol.