VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Filed, But I Am Hearing Conflicting Info

Rate this question

traveler

Question

I retired 1 August.

MY FDC was received by VA 8 August.

My county VSO told me that here in South Dakota, FDC are being finished within 106 days.

SO, I am on vacation, and waiting for a call for a C+P.

I called Hot Springs, which is where they said my C+P would be conducted, and they told me they have NOTHING on me.

So, I called and talked to h State VSO, and she told me it would be a LONG,LONG time before all is said and done, and that my C+P's could be out as far as January or February !!

Lastly, I go on to e-benefits, and my claim is under "gathering evidence". Why would they need to gather evidence, if I sent in a FULLY DEVELOPED claim ???? 10 items, and every single one is plain as day in my Military medical records

If I don't get a C+P before January, I think I may have to get a congressman involved.

Opinions?

US Vet:

Great advice, I did all of the work too and worked hard to put together a good disabilty claims package for the VBA to review. But now, it's just wait and see what happens in the future? Many of us attack thing like we did in the service with very good results. But in any beaucracy like this, one has to wait and be paitent until something happens that they you can actually act upon? Most FDCs are taking 12 to 18 moinths so we have toi wait for the long haul and hopefully it's a postive outcome. Anyway..thanks for your comments..they were spot on.

Edited by rootbeer22

I get it. It's hurry up and wait time again :)

That said, I did a FDC and went to great lengths so the pot bellied fella at the VA in his cubicle didn't have to get up and do anything....I did all the work for them! Therefore my claim should be easy as pie. I wish I could go get him a cup of coffee or something to get on his good side to get this darn thing done! :biggrin:

C+P in my situation is frankly a waste of time.....it is in my records, and anyone with a brain KNOWS I'm not going to go in there and tell them it miraculously went away! "does your knee still hurt?" ..."yes"..."ok thanks for coming in". :wacko:

The raters are required to do so many records, and it is tracked....Hell, I made it easy for the guy!

Traveler, use this as food for thought, I am SC for TBI and Crohns, which will never be cured right, wrong the VA has me up for Review for these Two Conditions in Feb 16. So if that isn't a waste of my Time or the VA's Money, then I don't know what is. Rootbeer, thanks for the kind words.

Also I am 100% VA, but not Permanent, yet with the SSDI, I was approved on the first time in less than 10 weeks and I am Permanent. Also, the VA pays my Wife to by my CareGiver, which is a darn near impossible program to get approved for, yet I will get better in some IDIOT'S Eyes!

• In Memoriam

Do not miss you C&P no matter what. These exams are for range of motion and to figure out how bad each injury is. Do not miss this no matter what. After this stage you will most likely go to a rater. When you get to this stage time to take a breather. I won't be long after this that you will be rated and compensated. Just relax Los Angeles, where my claims are, is at 14 months till completion. Each state is different in the wait time. If you call the VARO you can get the legnth of time you will wait.

Do not miss any appointmente and especially the C&P.