Va Retaliates On Vets Who Complain

broncovet

Question

Is this another "secret" list??

According to Bergman and Moore, there are "secret lists" to retaliate against (disabled) Vets who complain:

http://www.vetlawyers.com/is-veterans-affairs-retaliating-against-disabled-veterans-who-lodge-valid-complaints/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BergmannMoore+%28Bergmann+%26+Moore%29

Key points from article:

"If Veterans criticize any aspect of their experience at VA, and especially if they file a malpractice lawsuit against the department, Kraus said some VA employees retaliate by lodging what he says are “illegal complaints” against Veterans."

Even more disturbing:

"Kraus, who attended Northwestern University and the University of Minnesota Law School and served in the Air Force from 1996-2001, recently wrote on his disabledveteran.org website that this form of retaliation is one of the biggest crimes VA is committing across the country, because it “chills the speech of Veterans who respectfully file complaints that have merit.”

Kraus said these retaliatory responses to many valid complaints from Veterans can at times “defame the Veteran and diminish their credibility,” and the end result is a Veteran having an improper flag on their file, harassment from VA police, and/or restrictions in access to timely health care."

• Like 1

I am not surprised about anything regarding the VA. I think there is a lot more out there that has not been disclosed.

I have seen rhis myself as I am on couple 'new' lists in Houston.

After many years of reasonable treatment, assistance, and care in Fort Worth, after relocating to Houston, I have been added to lists that have now removed me from treatments, medications, and holistic care that I enjoyed in Fort Worth. My "physician (PCP) here in Katy made determinations and decisions regarding my care based upon dated and an incomplete historical medical record and images (MRI/Xray, CT) removing me from some medications and radically changing others with zero regard for my presentation and historical accounts.

When I called her out on the lack of records she was using to 'treat' me and I began writing everything she was saying, deciding, and her approach to me, she referred me immediately to the psych/social worker down the hall starting a new path of labeling and classification for me as a patient.

I do not believe there are 'secret lists', rather there are lists that have always existed that the real world does not know about; these are the 'unofficial notes' in our records that let other regional VAMC employees see and no one else describing the non-medical, but personal behavioral notes for other employees in the same VAMC/RO system.

We are not protected by the VA, rather we are numbers to be mitigated at a financial level. The undisclosed mission of the VA is to deny, defer, and demoralize every Veteran in the hopes that the Veteran will just quit, die, or seek external treatment remedies alleviating (mitigating) them of responsibility and financial liability of the VA in order for them to be capable of reporting positive results and financial responsibility of the VA overall.

I had hoped that with the Phoenix 'List; debacle this Summer that there would indeed be a positive change made in the VA overall; as we see, there is nothing more than one person quitting, the head of the VA, and a crap-ton of money thrown at the system which cannot be fixed by money... Wait and see, if you do not see a lot of 'fluff' brought to the VA with these dollars, call me out as wrong... I can take it.

Best to you all, never give up the fight for what you earned.

• Like 1

This is why FTCAers need a lawyer.

I mentioned here a few times that VA will 'stoop as low as they can go' and victimize FTCAers as well as VA claimants.

I am still upset of some of the shenanigans VA pulled on me, when I filed FTCA and what for?

The evidence proved the malpractice anyhow.

Ben Krause
http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/09/11/voodoo-medicine-used-investigate-phoenix-va-deaths/

I comment from time to time on Ben's on line articles.

He is absolutely right.

Someone at Buffalo RO told me , in the days when you could actually get a hold of someone there, that they wrote 1151 all over my file....and they had written a ridiculous charge against me ,documented in the C file.....that I made a big stink at Bath VAMC one day. On another occasion they called the cops on me.

I did make plenty of noise over there.

And feel I am still being retaliated against as a claimant, with an NOD over 700 days old and cannot get anything from IRIS on the status.

IRIS says they are working on my DIC claim.

But I already get DIC..........and have been getting it for 20 years.

• Like 1

Quoting from the Ben Krause article Berta posted:

"Medical experts claim VA Inspector General (OIG) used voodoo methodology to determine if the fraudulent wait list scheme was the cause of veteran deaths at Phoenix VA.

Last month, the agency watchdog VA OIG reported that delays in health care were not the cause of death for the majority of claimed veteran deaths from whistleblowers. VA OIG head Richard Griffin claimed investigators were “unable to conclusively assert that the absence of timely quality care caused the deaths” of veterans killed in the fraudulent scheme.

Notice the focus here. VA OIG claimed the wait time did not “cause the deaths” conclusively. Could any wait time actually cause a death, conclusively?

Well of course it did not since most people die from an illness or injury – not merely waiting for care. You see, the wait may have helped the person die sooner, but it did not “cause the deaths”; the condition caused the deaths."

SSDD The Va still has not come clean in this. If this were a Veteran's scam, they would be in the slammer by now:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/08/sixteen_veterans_charged_with_1.html

These are union members - The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Federation_of_Government_Employees which is AFL-CIO http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL%E2%80%93CIO

Let's take the unions to task for the misery and death their members are causing.

They will point to a few of their whistleblowers and their patriotic publications but we see the dog & pony show Congress rolls out periodically which does nothing to impact the VA Mafia that is making so many suffer and, no doubt, funneling billions away to Organized Crime.

The VA problem IS a Union Problem. So why isn't that being reported?

• Like 2

• HadIt.com Elder

I noticed that not only did my records contain inaccurate information but also made up lies. Since the VA will not correct records without the person who did its approval fat chance of getting your records corrected.

My VARO had a copy of my complete FTC in my VAMC records/hard copy file.

Any VAMC employee was able to read it all and several did.

I feel I was "treated" differently during this time.

I was able to force that part of my claims to be contained only at the

VARO level - and removed from my VAMC file.

• In Memoriam

Hey Kelly, check this out.

http://coastalnc.twcnews.com/content/news/triangle/711775/union-wants-top-veterans-affairs-official-out-of-office/

The Afge is more or less on strike causing a slow down as usual. Some how the employees think they are calling

The shots. They want a manager that will work with them better.

Edited by Stretch (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I also had lies entered into my records. They seem to have occurred around the same time when I filed complaints.

Wonder how one could find out if they are on a secret list...

That "Secret List" is likely the tip of the iceberg. We already know VA has "secret lists"...ONE particular "secret list" that resulted in Veterans deaths ultimately resulted in Shinseki's resignation, so Secret lists is a very big deal. I dont think the secret list scandal is over, just because Shinseki resigned. It is possible or even likely true that Shinseki did not know of the secret list, BUT he also did not deal with it when it was exposed but instead allowed another cover up. Shinseki was the sacraficial lamb brought out to the slaughter in order for the president to save face.

This is probably our very best chance in a long time to actually fix VA, because the VA is on the run now.

I do agree about the union problem. The union is why it is so difficult to fire poor management. The union has stepped in and protested firing of certain people, so now they have "protections" against firing. Unions have access to lawyers that average people do not have. So, if a manager gets fired, he can simply hire a lawyer paid by the union to get his job back.

I saw this happen when I was in the military long ago. We worked with civilians. One civilian was fired because she "called off" about every other Friday, and, because her performance was sub par (even after having been given multiple warnings and multiple "retraining" sessions) She hired a lawyer through the union. The lawyer argued she called off because of babysitting issues that could not be avoided, and she deserved her job back further arguing this was a race issue as she was a minority race. Boom. She got her job back with back pay. She took full advantage, continuing and even worsening her job performance and continued "working" there, showing up about 3 days a week. When she did show, she went around the halls talking and bad mouthing them for firing her. Our government not only had to pay her, but we have to put up with her disruption the rest of the workers. The amount of work she produced was negative, because she drained time from other workers who felt like they had to listen to her complaining and whining. Virtually all of us agreed she fully deserved to be fired, but none of that mattered. She was bounced around as people did not like working with her...they felt they could not get their work done because she insisted on blabbering on and on about her own personal issues and firing. Our post was about 95 percent male...so she was a "dual minority", and, not firable. This is often repeated. Fortunately she was not management material, but the same thing happens there, too.

This continues, mostly as the result of unions.

Broncovet ,I have contacted H VAC, IG and the FBI on 2 more secret lists.

Of course they aren't really secret...VA knows about them but the public doesn't know.

Dr. Bash and I briefly discussed them on one of our fairly recent Radio shows and I griped about them a few times here already.

I think I griped about them with Bob Walsh on that show about 2 weeks ago,

Bob Walsh and I will be doing a show in the future on 1151s, and FTCA claims and the 'secret lists'.

I am on both of them due to my FTCA settlements and 1151 award.

VA Central called me on a FOIA I sent regarding one of them and actually sent me what I requested very swiftly but it is a 17 page print out and I dont trust it's accuracy and have to go through it very carefully.

Phoenix was just the tip of the iceberg.

I am also trying to find out under FOIA what type of medical rationale the IG report rested on.

The survivors need Independent Medical Opinions, not VA medical.spin.

• Like 1

The whistle blower protection applies only to employees, not Veterans. That is the catch 22. Even then, the VA ignores the whistle blower protection act, and uses employees as scapegoats to make sure its "business as usual."

• HadIt.com Elder

The fact that VA does nothing to protect Veterans who complain speaks volumes

s

The fact that VA does nothing to protect Veterans who complain speaks volumes

so do we suppose to not complain anymore and let them get away with it

I think not at least not me we have to find a way to help our self or from somebody else.

I have been on the list for some time now I have got use to it now I keep my gloves on its VA

Edited by RUREADY (see edit history)

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been to my congresswoman a few times lately and I expect some retaliation soon. I have complained about VA billing my insurance and denying me dental and vision care. I bet they cut off my opiates knowing this will hurt me, but not for long. When I get through with them they will need opiates. When I recover from my surgery I will camp out at my congresswoman's office if I don't get the right answers. My congresswoman is sympathetic, but we will see if that is just BS to shoo away a pesky old vet.

John

• Like 1

John,

When do you have your sleep apnea surgery? Please post your opinion on the new procedure.

Thanks...

Georgiapapa

• HadIt.com Elder

I had the surgery last Friday. They "turn on" the pacemaker in thirty days if everything goes OK with healing. I have had quite a bit of pain with the placement of the pacemaker. Severe pain the first two days when I moved in certain ways, and first thing in the morning when I was stiff and most sore. I have gone through a lot with just testing to see if the Upper Airway Stimulation Device might help me. I had to get endoscopy while out cold to check out the mechanics of my OSA. Now I should know something in about a month when they turn it on and I leave the office with hand-held device that turns it on and off. It is pretty neat if it works. It will revolutionize the treatment of OSA. Now the actual implant is about the size of a cell phone and there are two other devices implanted along with it in my neck and chest. These will shrink in coming years and there will not be near the pain and size of incisions. Google Inspire Medical to get a look.

John

Sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. I hope your testing of the system continues to go well. I know you look forward to saying good riddance to your CPAP machine.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes the VA to start using alternative solutions for OSA other than CPAP. Probably not in our lifetime.

I look forward to hearing your updates on the inspire system.