VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Retaliates On Vets Who Complain

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Is this another "secret" list??

According to Bergman and Moore, there are "secret lists" to retaliate against (disabled) Vets who complain:

http://www.vetlawyers.com/is-veterans-affairs-retaliating-against-disabled-veterans-who-lodge-valid-complaints/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BergmannMoore+%28Bergmann+%26+Moore%29

Key points from article:

"If Veterans criticize any aspect of their experience at VA, and especially if they file a malpractice lawsuit against the department, Kraus said some VA employees retaliate by lodging what he says are “illegal complaints” against Veterans."

Even more disturbing:

"Kraus, who attended Northwestern University and the University of Minnesota Law School and served in the Air Force from 1996-2001, recently wrote on his disabledveteran.org website that this form of retaliation is one of the biggest crimes VA is committing across the country, because it “chills the speech of Veterans who respectfully file complaints that have merit.”

Kraus said these retaliatory responses to many valid complaints from Veterans can at times “defame the Veteran and diminish their credibility,” and the end result is a Veteran having an improper flag on their file, harassment from VA police, and/or restrictions in access to timely health care."

I am not surprised about anything regarding the VA. I think there is a lot more out there that has not been disclosed.

I have seen rhis myself as I am on couple 'new' lists in Houston.

After many years of reasonable treatment, assistance, and care in Fort Worth, after relocating to Houston, I have been added to lists that have now removed me from treatments, medications, and holistic care that I enjoyed in Fort Worth. My "physician (PCP) here in Katy made determinations and decisions regarding my care based upon dated and an incomplete historical medical record and images (MRI/Xray, CT) removing me from some medications and radically changing others with zero regard for my presentation and historical accounts.

When I called her out on the lack of records she was using to 'treat' me and I began writing everything she was saying, deciding, and her approach to me, she referred me immediately to the psych/social worker down the hall starting a new path of labeling and classification for me as a patient.

I do not believe there are 'secret lists', rather there are lists that have always existed that the real world does not know about; these are the 'unofficial notes' in our records that let other regional VAMC employees see and no one else describing the non-medical, but personal behavioral notes for other employees in the same VAMC/RO system.

We are not protected by the VA, rather we are numbers to be mitigated at a financial level. The undisclosed mission of the VA is to deny, defer, and demoralize every Veteran in the hopes that the Veteran will just quit, die, or seek external treatment remedies alleviating (mitigating) them of responsibility and financial liability of the VA in order for them to be capable of reporting positive results and financial responsibility of the VA overall.

I had hoped that with the Phoenix 'List; debacle this Summer that there would indeed be a positive change made in the VA overall; as we see, there is nothing more than one person quitting, the head of the VA, and a crap-ton of money thrown at the system which cannot be fixed by money... Wait and see, if you do not see a lot of 'fluff' brought to the VA with these dollars, call me out as wrong... I can take it.

Best to you all, never give up the fight for what you earned.

This is why FTCAers need a lawyer.

I mentioned here a few times that VA will 'stoop as low as they can go' and victimize FTCAers as well as VA claimants.

I am still upset of some of the shenanigans VA pulled on me, when I filed FTCA and what for?

The evidence proved the malpractice anyhow.

Ben Krause
http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/09/11/voodoo-medicine-used-investigate-phoenix-va-deaths/

I comment from time to time on Ben's on line articles.

He is absolutely right.

Someone at Buffalo RO told me , in the days when you could actually get a hold of someone there, that they wrote 1151 all over my file....and they had written a ridiculous charge against me ,documented in the C file.....that I made a big stink at Bath VAMC one day. On another occasion they called the cops on me.

I did make plenty of noise over there.

And feel I am still being retaliated against as a claimant, with an NOD over 700 days old and cannot get anything from IRIS on the status.

IRIS says they are working on my DIC claim.

But I already get DIC..........and have been getting it for 20 years.

Quoting from the Ben Krause article Berta posted:

"Medical experts claim VA Inspector General (OIG) used voodoo methodology to determine if the fraudulent wait list scheme was the cause of veteran deaths at Phoenix VA.

Last month, the agency watchdog VA OIG reported that delays in health care were not the cause of death for the majority of claimed veteran deaths from whistleblowers. VA OIG head Richard Griffin claimed investigators were “unable to conclusively assert that the absence of timely quality care caused the deaths” of veterans killed in the fraudulent scheme.

Notice the focus here. VA OIG claimed the wait time did not “cause the deaths” conclusively. Could any wait time actually cause a death, conclusively?

Well of course it did not since most people die from an illness or injury – not merely waiting for care. You see, the wait may have helped the person die sooner, but it did not “cause the deaths”; the condition caused the deaths."

SSDD The Va still has not come clean in this. If this were a Veteran's scam, they would be in the slammer by now:

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2012/08/sixteen_veterans_charged_with_1.html