VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

List Of Beneficial Websites For Veterans Claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know if it was in there, or not but I would like a site that explains what to do when the VA refuses a treatment option for a vet such as refusing to do cataract surgery, or dental implants with just an opinion that "You don't qualify for that treatment". I have believed that if you have a medical problem the VA needs to provide treatment, or refer you to someone who can and not just tell you that "We don't do that here", or " We don't have a neurosurgeon on staff" etc., etc. It always seems the VA is years behind the FDA on any number of treatments. The VA claims to be on the cutting edge of treatment for vets and provides the best treatment in the world. In fact, the VA seems to be the last choice for anyone who has decent insurance or cash. I just had a surgery to do a "hypoglossal nerve pacemaker implant" for sleep apnea. The VA never heard of it, and not many non-professionals outside the sleep apnea world do either, but it is a revoluntionary way to treat OSA. FDA approved, but hard to get even Medicare to pay for it all.

I am tired of VA telling me what they can't do. I don't believe it. I think it is just about the money they don't want to spend.

John

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Excellent list!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use