VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It's A Beginning Yes!

Rate this topic

raptorick

Got my decision today! 10% service connected for tinnitus, $130.94 a month start date Nov 1, 2012. Denied for Peripheral Neuropathy because not manifested within one year of last exposure to herbicide and also required service in Viet Nam not shown and denied for soft tissue sarcoma for the same reason. I was stationed in Korat Thailand in 1969. The issue of compensation for post traumatic stress disorder is deferred for an attempt to obtain your military hospital records from Carswell AFB, Texas in Sept 1968. I have been receiving treatment at the VA for PTSD for almost a year now. I'm grateful for the 10% service connected compensation. I don't know how to proceed or what to do next. Guess I'll go talk to the VA service officer at the county office.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Success is a success ,no matter what the rating....now your foot is in the door.

I am curious as to why they denied for the soft tissue sarcoma.

You seem to fit into the AO Thailand regs:

Thailand Military Bases and Agent Orange Exposure

"Vietnam-era Veterans whose service involved duty on or near the perimeters of military bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 may have been exposed to herbicides and may qualify for VA benefits.

The following Veterans may have been exposed to herbicides:
Plane flying above runway at U-Tapao Air Base

U-Tapao Air Base, Thailand, 1972
The National Archives

U.S. Air Force Veterans who served on Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) bases at U-Tapao, Ubon, Nakhon Phanom, Udorn, Takhli, Korat, and Don Muang, near the air base perimeter anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.
U.S. Army Veterans who provided perimeter security on RTAF bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.
U.S. Army Veterans who were stationed on some small Army installations in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975. However, the Army Veteran must have been a member of a military police (MP) unit or was assigned an MP military occupational specialty whose duty placed him/her at or near the base perimeter.

- See more at: http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/thailand.asp#sthash.twQWZZUl.dpuf

Did they question that your MOS did not put you "near" the perimeter?

Did they under stand the STS definition?

There are so many STS cancers due to AO (the list is here at hadit) that, if a different medical term was used ,but this is a STS cancer, on the presumptive list, the VA can get confused.

Can you tell us why the VA denied the AO STS claim?

Do you have any other disability on the AO presumptive list that could have caused the PN?

Many AO vets have PN due to AO DMII .

Congratulations.

I would encourage you to post the reason you were denied for soft tissue sarcoma as Berta asked. With the information, Berta will be in a better position to help you.

Good luck to you.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use