VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice On Va Reduction Letter

Rate this question

YellowGTO

Question

Hey guys this is my first post so I hope I have it in the right area :)

I was rated at 80% and in March I got a letter saying I scheduled an appointment for my back and that I had an appointment. I never asked the VA for an appointment, so I called up the office and told them I didn't request and appointment. I got transferred all around the hospital and after an hour of so I got disconnected and forgot to call back the next day. Today I got a letter saying they are dropping one of my claims to 0 percent "Thoracolumber spine". Now im worried that if I fight this they are going to reopen all of my medical cases and make me come in for all these tests like they did the first time.

Info on my disabilities. My back is still injured but I switched my profession to a desk job so I didn't keep aggravating my back. I require no doctors appointments because I changed my lifestyle, but if I do lift something heavy or bend my back too far it starts to hurt again.

Basically i'm asking if I fight the VA on this 10% drop now are they going to force me to drive to the VA over an hour away a million time to get all of my other claims reevaluated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I had the VA reduce one of my ratings in error. I get medical treatment at the VA and also from non-VA doctors. I submitted the non-VA medical records and release authorization along with my disagreement. This evidence was listed in the decision letter, but the VA flat out ignored it and reduced one of my ratings. It took a while to get it all sorted out, but in the end, the DRO looked me in the eye and sincerely apologized. They the DRO stated the person who worked my claim "was stupid for doing this".

Bombard the VA only with evidence in your favor, like:

- Non-VA medical records

- Buddy letters from friends/family

- Prescriptions

- Pain/limitations diary

- Letters from docs excusing you from work

YellowGTO: What IF, unbeknownst to you, your SC condition has worsened. Go to your immediate supervisor and explain the need to comply with the VA appointments. This isn't 1969, it's now popular to be a MARINE again.

Your 80% SC, that in of itself indicates a serious disability picture. With the current VA scrutiny, you should be able to get a referral to a non-VA Physical Rehab location and a Orthopedic MD or DO in your residential area. Compare their findings with the 38 CFR 4, you may be do an increase. Get a DBQ from either the Non or VA Orthopedic Dr. You can't let them take anything away without a fight. I may have missed it, did you discuss this reduction with your VSO Rep? What did he recommend?

Semper Fi

Gastone