VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Notice On Ebenefits

Rate this question

Ascomdepot68

Question

First time I saw the following on eBenefits this morning. Opening a new can of worms!

"If a new claim is submitted while an existing claim is pending, any new information will be consolidated with the pending claim. The new claim will then be marked as Complete and moved to Historical Claims with no further action required."

Edited by Asomdepot68

Folks:

Someone looking at the disability claims numbers probably said, "hey we can get a great bump in disability claims processing", If we just consolidate multiple claims into one primary claim for the Vet? VBA still gets credit for working the claims but under one instead of two/or more claims incidents? In about 6 months or so, you'll see the reprocussions of this in the reported numbers to congress? However, it just means that that one claim is going to take longer now anyway? Frankly, I'm worried now that it's been reported that appeals have gone up about 400%, and it just shows that the adjudcators are just moving the claims off of their desks to improve the numbers? Overall, they (the disability raters) are probably just tired and fatigued by all of the pressure on them to get the claims out the door as soon as possible? It's not a job I would want?

Edited by rootbeer22

Agreed on the sympathy for the raters. I think all of us here have had government jobs :biggrin: and can put ourselves in their shoes without much effort. They aren't the ones making these operational changes. In fact, they're being subjected to them just as we are. In some ways, we're both on the receiving end of the bureaucratic failures caused by others.

As Mark Twain put it, "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics." While I believe there is some legitimate rationale to combining claims and improving the queuing system by sending to the RO with the least backlog, I have little doubt it's in an effort to merely polish the stats as easily and quickly as possible in order to remove the spotlight so business as usual can resume and remove any threat of real change or accountability.

Business as usual. Isn't that the truth. What I can't figure is all this crap with talk, and talk, committee's, panels, and investigations. I can sum it up by pointing out the grave of the last comrade that fell because of the failures of freaking bureaucracy, politics, and of course don't forget the green monster$ G $ R $ E $ E $ D !!!! the downfall of all societies. It's just plain horse manure. They just need a complete overhaul or a shot to the face, then the temple. I don't know. Im just blowing off steam I guess. FCT has me hurting pretty bad and it got me thinking about all the unnecessary crap veterans and veterans' families have to go through to get fairly compensated and fairly treated. Up chuck.

My NOD is still singled out as an appeal, but yes, same here. I had three new claims opened as inferred conditions resulting from a diagnosis in my VA C&P, then a few days after FINALLY receiving my missing exit examination reports from the NPRC (The VA nor I had them during all this time), I opened another one.

A few days later, the new one was added to the three previous inferred, and are being handled in the same claim.......I hope......

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

Well, it kinda makes sense. With hypothetical numbers, let's say 400,000 vets. Some vets have 1 claim, some have 10, 12, even 15, claims. Average number of claims per vet 2.5. Total claims - 1,000,000. Deny as many as possible for grammar, maybe 10,000. Request documentation but don't send the notices, or send them to the wrong vet who'll throw it away, maybe another 90,000. "Hey, before we do all that, how about combining all claims for the same veteran into 1 claim? Let's see, that would be a max of 400,000 claims - (minus) 90,000 - 10,000 = 300,000//// That's 700,000 claims completed in 1 week. Wow, we're doing great now!"