Jump to content
  • 0

Backpay Question


52d

Question

Hello all,

I just recieved a letter stating that I was awarded 30% for IBS, I already had 2-10% ratings so my total is now 40% which it says in the letter. My question is when they do backpay how much should I get for 1 year(12 months). Will it be the $577X12=$6924 or will they subtract the (40%)$577-(20%)$258=$319 then ($319X12=$3828. Or will they do (30%)$400X12=$4800

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • HadIt.com Elder

They will subtract anything paid at lesser rates during the period covered.

The only way I ever figured out how to decipher the mess-

Find out from the tables what would have been paid at the full rate granted.

Subtract any previous payments for that period.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

The VA always does things the most complicated, least Veteran friendly way. This is no different.

You have to figure your back pay each month, (because you can add dependents, they can become 18, you can get divorced etc.) You may get away with doing it once a year, but since the rates generally change each year, you have to do it each year. No, they wont pay you last years rate for 6 years, you never get interest and you always lose the purchasing power of your money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Broncovet is on the money here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hello all,

I just recieved a letter stating that I was awarded 30% for IBS, I already had 2-10% ratings so my total is now 40% which it says in the letter. My question is when they do backpay how much should I get for 1 year(12 months). Will it be the $577X12=$6924 or will they subtract the (40%)$577-(20%)$258=$319 then ($319X12=$3828. Or will they do (30%)$400X12=$4800

Thanks

Hi 52d,

Answer is posted here http://heroanswers.org/19/backpay-calculation-for-increased-disability-points

Cheers,

Gomer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines