VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am 100% Tdiu...file Claim For Permanet And Total

Rate this question

rafebanks

Question

here is what my Psych. put in a note in my record..says "he is a permanently and totally disabled veteran who suffers from PTSD and Bipolar with psychotic features.

Along with extensive treatment for the past several years...would this be enough to win a claim? Is it worth it?

Thanks

I agree with the above advice. I am in the same boat. I am awaiting the results of my current claim, which I just had the C&P exams yesterday, then see about Permanent after that. I just don't like to rock the boat.

• HadIt.com Elder

For what it's worth - - -

The VA RO's seem to be using some guidance or rationale that PTSD can/may respond to treatment, so the 100% is not "P&T".

This is particularly true with a claim of a "younger" veteran.

My buddy has more or less the same note from his doctor and has been turned down twice for P&T and is up for review in 2018. I would say that the VA is reluctant to grant P&T for PTSD unless the vet has held the 100% rating for several, several years. I also agree with the above that if the vet is young, it will be especially difficult to get P&T.

Rafebanks, What was the VA's rationale for Not awarding you P & T at the time of the decision?

Did they list that Psychiatric note as evidence or was this statement in the results of the C & P exam?

Often psychiatric notes and entries are not part of the regular medical records.

I had to go to the local VAMC years ago to ask my deceased husband's shrink for copies of his psychiatric med recs. They included 6 test results and hypnotherapy records. They were not in the med rec files and VA had denied my claim for accrued

benefits due to SC PTSD.without obtaining these records that SSDI had award SSDI on.

The shrink gave me copies of them which I attached to my NOD ,along with the SSA info again, and also he wrote a letter to the RO right away.

Within a few months they awarded 100% P & T accrued for PTSD with a three year prior to death EED.

Of course if you are 100% and die, they must add P & T to your status.

But my point is,. I am surprised that VA didnt award the P & T status if they had this entry from the doctor.