New Here, But Earned

knap-sack

I have been coming here and trying to understand the VA way of doing things. Along the way I have had an interesting time of piecing it together. When I have been to the Veteran service officer in my county its like a riddle when talking to these people they kind of hint and tell you things but its not straight out. You see I have been diagnosed with PTSD this summer and when I talk to people I get overwhelmed with my anxiety and I have to keep playing the scenes over after I leave to understand everything. Its difficult as you already know. To be honest with you it hurts it so damn difficult. I was a good person and a number of bad things happened to me and others in a short period of time that changed my life forever. Here is the bad, I asked for help and was ignored back in mid 80's. Right when they were deciding what to call this thing that has been named so many different names over the years and the now the doctors named it so it now exists. PTSD has been around for centuries. I have been going to treatment and my Doc seems really smart and I believe it is helping for one maybe because he believes it is helping and my wife said it is helping. just knowing why I think up the crap I do and react the way I do does comfort me to some level but then I have to go through the VA maze and get my head wound up like little rubber bands in a baseball with all the red tape. I am new here but been dealing with VA for about a year and a half and I have earned my way here and that hurts.

The way the system is set up has caused me pain. I believe the people that work there for the most part not all see the red tape and hurdles that we Veterans must overcome to be helped and do try and help. The water and creatures can be overwhelming. This is how Veterans are honered by the ones protecting us after we did was asked of us.

Thank you so much for being the life boat in these waters full of only God knows what lies ahead.

Edited by knap-sack

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind that no one gets out of here alive, so normalcy in thought or action really isn't too critical when we're around such a short time.

It can cause anxiety to feel different than others but, if you think someone is normal - try Living with them :tongue:

Our worldy battle is continuous but there are moments of beauty and solace that make it worthwhile. We don't exhaust ourselves in their pursuit but enjoy them as they come.

Welcome, knap-sack; you are among friends. :smile:

Welcome. You come to the right place. There are a lot of PTSD vets on this website who can answer your questions and there is no shortage of help available on Hadit.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.