VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-evaluation

Rate this question

magicnative

Question

Brothers and Sisters,

I am SC 70% with IU for PTSD as of 03/2004. Today I got a letter from the VA saying that I was going to be re-evaluated to make sure everything is proper. In my award letter it said "no further exams will be scheduled" and on the last page it said that I became P&T as of March 2004. Does anyone know about this re-evaluation? I don't have the date yet and they didn't call it a C&P. Is it really another C&P?

Thanks for your help,

Judi :angry:

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Patrick,

I haven't worked since 2003. I got a form a few months ago asking if I had worked. I filled it out and sent it back stating that I had not worked. PTSD/MST is my disability.

I was diagnosed two weeks ago with MS so I get to have this stress too. I did not file any new or additional claims.

My SO says it's a routine examination. I really can't understand it when my award letter said no further examinations and P&T. I am 10 steps forward and 50 backwards emotionally.

Judi

There shouldn't be "a routine examination" if your letter states "no further examinations and P&T." It could also just be an error. Contact the C&P scheduling office and check on it. Tell them you are P&T. jmo PR

• HadIt.com Elder

It may be that since it is PTSD they want to double check the stressors. I am expecting four letters from VA today and I only asked to be service connected for a secondary condition to my DMII. I have been IU P&T for five years. I have six service connected conditions. I don't know what they want from me. If anything I am in worse shape than when I was granted IU P&T. I should file a few more claims come to think of it.

John

Wings,

Here is what it says:

VA is required to periodically re-evaluate certain disabilities. We have requested a physical examination of your service-connected disability(ies) so that we may review the severity of the condition(s) to ensure that you are properly evaluated.

In a shor period of time, the VA medical facility that will conduct the examination will notify you as to its time and place and any special preparations for the exam. You may have already received the scheduling letter.

If you do not report for this required examination, it could result in the reduction or discontinuance of any VA compensation benefits that you may be receiving.

If your mailing address is different than that shown above, blah blah blah...

If you reside in blah blah blah...

:angry:

x

x

x

Judi, Can you post verbatum the contents of the recent VA Letter that tells you of a re-evaluation. I think it's important to get clear on what they actually said vs. what you are hearing they said. What does the letter say exactly ??? ~Wings

They sent a good friend of mine a letter like this 2 months ago and were going to give him a C & P but didnt tell him what for-he was a wreck over it.

He is 100% Sec 1151 and unemployable due to their medical error

gets SMC for colostomy bag- they caused this also-

He has 2 PHs, 2 GSWs with scarring,

50 % PTSD and 40% leg injuries and

he has NHL Agent Orange cancer-

what the heck could improve?

His wife-who never got involved with his claims before-wrote a strong letter to the VA and told them how much additional stress this letter put on him and what did they believe could have improved?

He got a letter in about 3 weeks after that- no C & P -NO re-evaluation.

I think since the PTSD review showed them there arent many wannabees at all- now they are picking on P & T vets.

Edited by Berta

• HadIt.com Elder
Wings,

Here is what it says:

VA is required to periodically re-evaluate certain disabilities. We have requested a physical examination of your service-connected disability(ies) so that we may review the severity of the condition(s) to ensure that you are properly evaluated.

In a shor period of time, the VA medical facility that will conduct the examination will notify you as to its time and place and any special preparations for the exam. You may have already received the scheduling letter.

If you do not report for this required examination, it could result in the reduction or discontinuance of any VA compensation benefits that you may be receiving.

If your mailing address is different than that shown above, blah blah blah...

If you reside in blah blah blah...

:mellow:

Honestly, Kick Azz and take names !!

Start with a Notice of Disagreement to the VARO. Attach your current rating award and highlight the

section(s): "no future exams", "permanent and total in nature", "authorization for Chapter 35", etc.

In your NOD tell the VA that you are NOT working.

Call the VARO C&P Scheduling Office. Tell them you just filed a NOD with the RO for Re-evaluation of a P&T Rating Award. Ask them if they have updated their BIRLS to show P&T status. Sometimes the VAMC's have not updated their computer AND electronic communication to RO regarding BIRLS can resolve the differences in ratings.

Go to the C&P Exam and keep it short and sweet ;-(

You are protected from severence by C.F.R. under TDIU rating criteria.

Keep us posted ... ~Wings

Edited by Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I might go to the RO and take you letter awarding chapter 35 and the statement of no future exams and show it to them and let them make copies. Keep the original. You might be able to nip this in the bud.