VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-evaluation

Rate this question

magicnative

Question

Brothers and Sisters,

I am SC 70% with IU for PTSD as of 03/2004. Today I got a letter from the VA saying that I was going to be re-evaluated to make sure everything is proper. In my award letter it said "no further exams will be scheduled" and on the last page it said that I became P&T as of March 2004. Does anyone know about this re-evaluation? I don't have the date yet and they didn't call it a C&P. Is it really another C&P?

Thanks for your help,

Judi :angry:

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think it is a mistake also. Go to the VA and show them your award and where it says " No future exams". By all means, if you have to go for the exam do go. You might just walk away with more than you came with in terms of 100% schedular. SMC is easier after that award.

Guest fla_viking

Dear Fellow Veterans & Friends

Make the VA submit new and material evidence before they try to re open your claim. Its funny how the VA plays games with words. IF we want review of there denials. The VA calls it a re open and subject us to strick rules. If the VA wants to Re open our claims. THe VA calls it a re evaluaton.

I wonder if it would be any easyer to get the VA to look at our old claims if we submitted a request for re evaluatoin rather then a re open.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

Yes that is a double standard. We need new and material evidence to reopen our claim and they can just reopen out claim to re-evaluate our conditions on a whim. Are they going to re-open all the P&T cases to try and shake people loose.