VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inside Info From A Dro

Rate this question

Notorious Kelly

Question

Interesting summary of appeals process and opinions from a DRO:

"I have been a Decision Review Officer (DRO) at the Milwaukee VA Regional Office (VARO) since October 2002. I have worked at the VARO since November 1997. The following are my thoughts and concerns about the appeals process within the Veterans’ Disability Claims process.."

https://veterans.house.gov/submission-for-the-record/matthew-middlemas-0

• HadIt.com Elder

This is great valuable info here...basicly what this DRO is saying ''its better to solve the vets claim with DRO's....I agree with that.

but so many claims are denied and the appealing process starts...and from what I experience with other vets they just give up and that's dang shame, because its not the vets fault if the RO OR BVA losing the vets claim/claims...while doing other projects....this whole subject is about our veterans & to me they should be given the up most respect and get their claims processed asap to a decision either via expedite or a ruling so the vet can decide what he/she needs to do...NOD's are good.CUE's. are good its how quickly there processed that matters to the Vet and hope there not lost/or forgotten in the way this process works.

What this DRO mention has some great information in it...read it and keep it handy.

In my opinion if you take official documentation/evidence and a DRO that will listen & read your evidence even if something is worded wrong, like he mention something pertaining to the same meaning but worded different as long as it is worded for the issue at hand & leaning in favor of the vet the DRO Can base his decision on that.

That's what they get paid to do...most vets that get turn down and without the help of Hadit or a good Attorney the vet gives up

Like Gastone mention Asking for a Informal Hearing is a good thing where the vet can face his decision maker basicly ''The DRO''...where you usually sit in this room at a long table with microphones /recording devises ect,,ect,,and you tell them about your disability /disability's present your evidence!!!

I won my claim at a informal Hearing also , I got thumbs up from the DRO had a cup coffee and then he went to work expedite my claims process and I had my decision in a hour that was it ,week later got my award letter..but to be honest with everyone I was a nervous wreck...I was thinking not so much with my claim and all my evidence but mostly I was thinking what am I going to do if I'am denied? appeal? I been told appeals could take months/ years...I think I know why now.

.However the informal Hearing was the best thing I did...but I realize every vets claim/claim's are different and has to be handle differently...and all these great people here at ''Hadit.com are here to help all our veterans....just do what they tell you and you will prevail.

I'll Always be grateful to this wonderful site and to Ms Tbird and all the highly intelligent wonderful people here at Hadit!

Edited by britton