VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Letter From Va

Rate this question

bigjim

Question

RECEIVED A LETTER FROM VA YESTERDAY, SAYING WE ARE STILL PROCESSING YOU

APPLICATION FOR COMPENSATION. WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS MEAN. I FILLED FOR

PROSTATE CANCER / BIPOLAR PTSD 29 JUL 06//TKS JIM

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It means the VA is still working on it. If you claim is only 3 month old you have a while to wait. They probably are going to schedule a C&P exam. It usually takes about a year to 18 months. If your prostate cancer is AO related it could go faster since their is nothing to prove beyond the fact you were in RVN and that you have prostate cancer. But you know the VA is slow about everything.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hang in there its a form letter that they send to everyone. They think it keeps their 800-827-1000 calls down.

From a book I read (written by a former VA RO) everytime your claim moves or reaches a new level one of those form letters is generated, so take it as a positive thing that your claim is moving

• HadIt.com Elder

You know I need to send a VCAA letter to the local RO but the only way I can know for sure that it will get there is to hand carry the damn thing and get a date stamped copy. This is a pain, but in my RO that is the only way to know for sure you are communicating with them. Every shred of evidence has to be hand carried and that means 25 mile one way trip but it is much worse for many and they just cannot make the trip. Certified mail they lose and laugh about.

You know I need to send a VCAA letter to the local RO but the only way I can know for sure that it will get there is to hand carry the damn thing and get a date stamped copy. This is a pain, but in my RO that is the only way to know for sure you are communicating with them. Every shred of evidence has to be hand carried and that means 25 mile one way trip but it is much worse for many and they just cannot make the trip. Certified mail they lose and laugh about.

Dont you have a VSO? Everything I submit, I submit through the DAV. They do a cover letter, list the pieces of evidence, walk it across the hall and hand it to the VARO. Then they send me a copy of the cover letter for my files...................

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I have a VSO but I don't trust them since I have to go to the RO anyway to see them. Maybe I will talk to them when I go but they did a sorry job for me last time getting me to sign off on a claim and not telling me the VA would consider that as me signing off on my 1151 claim.