VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Opinion.

Rate this question

jaszper

Question

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. So I'll try and make this as clear and concise as I can. I'm 30% SC already for injuries that happened in the military. I put in my ptsd claim in 2010 and was given a 10 minute c&p that was terrible. I was originally denied for lack of stressor event proof. I put in my NOD and received another letter that said denied for lack of evidence of stressor event. So that's twice I've been denied because of lack of proof the events happened. One of my problems with it is that the reason I'm SC for the 30% is because of 2 separate incidents that happened in the military that caused and then made the PTSD worse. The first incident was in 2001 while in AIT I was walking and hit by a hit and run driver. Multiple injuries from that. 2 that I'm SC for. I then deploy to Iraq in 03 for the initial push. I have multiple incidents from that. The day I'm back from that deployment I end up getting attacked by other soldiers and wind up in the hospital for about 3 weeks. Multiple injuries once again 1 that I'm SC for. Sorry if I'm taking to long to get to the point. So I've been diagnosed by the VA for PTSD since 2004. I have been being treated and medicated for it off and on since that time. Fast forward back to the present and I submitted my form 9 back around the beginning of August of this year. I randomly received a call 3 weeks ago and was told I had a C & P exam for MH. I showed up and was honest and up front. I got a copy of the exam a few days ago and think it was in favor for rating me. If I can figure out how to post it here I will. If anyone needs anymore info about the situation please ask because I'm not sure I explained the situation very well.

My main questions are:

How can the va deny something happened that they SC me for?

Is it possible that the new c&p exam will reverse the decision and get me a rating before I go in front of the board? Timeline for that if possible? I'll post more details if anyone has questions. Thanks in advance.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I know the timelines of the va vary. But is it feasible to hear something in the near future. I have a lot of friends that heard something about 6-8 weeks after the final c&p. I'm just wondering if it will be different because this was a review.

Edited by jaszper

"Will the back pay go back that far? "

If they CUE themselves it should go back to the denial they cued.