VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fdc Still Claim In "review" 120 Days So Far

Rate this question

rootbeer22

Question

Folks:

My (first ever) FDC Claim is still in the "Review" phase of the claims process after 120 days...so far? Is that common or normal for the Seattle Regional Office? Like I've posted before...absolutely everything in terms of all SMR evidence and 14 FDQ's is completed to do the FDC? I would have figured that I would at least be on to the next stage by now? I did get a standard "form letter" at the 90 day mark saying, "we apologize for the delay?" But, that's it to date...

6 answers to this question

I recently was at over 100 days also, and was still under review. Then last week I had the 8 C&P Exams thru a VES clinic, and then on Fri claim moved to Prep for Decision, and I too had DBQs filled out by VA Docs. NavyWIfe just completed here Husband's claim after a year, and it was an FDC with only 2 conditions. I know that the wait is hard bud, but honestly if an FDC is completed in less than a year, that is amazing. Prior to our claims in the last 2 years, Vets were waiting years just to get the C&Ps. Good luck

US Vet:

I Understand and really appreciate your input. One of my lessons learned is that I should have learned a little more about the process before I submitted my claim. My VSO was not very engaged and when I asked about the number of my contentions, she said, "sure, list them all" (matter of factly). Her concept was to get them all out of the table, so VA could work them all together? They are all backed up with FDQ's and strong SMR evidence, but I'm learning that I should have prioritised them and submitted a smaller number of contentions for my first FDC claim? I'm an analyst and saw the "VBA Monday Claims Status Report" - after I filed my claim. I thought by submitting such a "complete package" that it would speed it along? But, I know now the VBA system is geared now more towards claims with fewer contentions, so the raters can get them out the door? I've heared that the VBA raters are good folks but that they are overworked and dealing with all of the pressure and overtime? So, I do understand but was trying to figure out if this is "business as usual" for a "review phase" length? My VSO told me it's delayed because VA's ordering my SMRs again..I've already submitted all of them anyway?

Edited by rootbeer22

US Vet:

Thanks....I guess we both got the "luck of the draw" on this one...I'm sure that it is a tough job and they are using the resources avaiable to them? I recently read where the VBMS scanning system for records is still experinceing some operational problems which cause delays? Overall, we have 5 Major Military Installations within the Seattle Area now so there's a huge number of current and former military that can file claims. Hopefully, we will get it right the first time and not have to go thru the pain of long denials and appeals that could take years? Although a lot of this is supposed to be objective, it's clear that the raters have a lot of leeway...either way and our fate's are in their hands for now. I'm trying to be patient but it's not really in my nature so I'm learning to be more patient now. This site helps because when someone has a notification that goes their way, I feel encouraged and very happy for them and their family's good fortune.

Overall:

It's just a waiting game at this point...I thought that all of the DBQ's and the extra working would move my file along faster...but in the end..someday..in ebenefits..I'll see somehing diffrent than...just "in review"?

My claim completed a month ago and I was granted 30% for R Shoulder. Everything else was denied. I turned right around and reopened a few of the conditions, and submitted for a handful of secondary conditions. I will be granted SC whether it takes 5 or 10 claims. Good luck bud and keep us posted.