VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Woohoo!

Rate this topic

Tela

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations on your big win! Be sure to check with your state/local area for other benefits/perks. If your award letter says you are eligible for Chapter 35 for dependents, then that means you are P&T.

Did you happen to file for SSDI also?

Berta,

I wonder if they are trying to squeeze in everything before the end of the fiscal year...

Congratulations on your big win! Be sure to check with your state/local area for other benefits/perks. If your award letter says you are eligible for Chapter 35 for dependents, then that means you are P&T.

Did you happen to file for SSDI also?

Berta,

I wonder if they are trying to squeeze in everything before the end of the fiscal year...

Yes, I applied for SSDI. I was denied twice, in Feb & June, and have my hearing on Oct. 20th.

I do believe the fiscal year has something to do with them pushing out claims. That and the heat they've been getting lately.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Well, if you can confirm 100% P&T you can file under the fast lane. However, I don't know if that applies to first time applicants or if they have a slow motion appeals lane, like the VA. Either way, I hope this gives you more ammo to help them approve you. Good luck on your appeal.

They fast tracked me already. That's how I got my hearing date so fast. I do pray that my new rating will help since it's the reason why I applied.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use