VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Apparently Lost C&p What Should I Do?

Rate this question

silverdollar22

Question

Had my C&P ON 22 JULY 14 and the va is still requesting it from QTC. This is crazy!!! What should i do or can i do about this problem? Can i hold these people responsible or what? Will they make me take another one after they admit that they lost it? How long are they going to wait before they tell me? All they do is keep moving the request date further out.

HELP

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Im sorry this happen to you... it probally was a favorable one. The same thing happen to me. I went to my VAMC records, which sent me to the people who worked at the reigonal office here is atlanta and i was able to get a copy, the QTC probaly wont give you a copy because that Cand P exam belongs to the Va and they will not even give you a copy...Its floating around some where... Good luck ...

Had my C&P ON 22 JULY 14 and the va is still requesting it from QTC. This is crazy!!! What should i do or can i do about this problem? Can i hold these people responsible or what? Will they make me take another one after they admit that they lost it? How long are they going to wait before they tell me? All they do is keep moving the request date further out.

HELP

Going by what the OP posted - they are not trying to get a copy -

they are trying to help get it from QTC to their VARO -

their VARO is telling them they have not received the C&P, from QTC.

Navywife,

I have sent an IRIS and waiting to here back. But i will try weekly until something breaks. Carlie I was trying to be funny about the Patience thing, Sorry!!

Im sorry this happen to you... it probally was a favorable one. The same thing happen to me. I went to my VAMC records, which sent me to the people who worked at the reigonal office here is atlanta and i was able to get a copy, the QTC probaly wont give you a copy because that Cand P exam belongs to the Va and they will not even give you a copy...Its floating around some where... Good luck ...

Can I ask f they gave you the copy while you were there? Or did they mail it to you?

From what I understand if you go to a QTC Exam you can't get the C&P exam/report until after the claim has been determined. I had to put in a FOIA request for mine and I am still awaiting my copies. Is this true? Now I do know if the C&P was done at the VA then you can retrieve it through MyHealthyVets site - that I know for sure because I saw my C&P exam results on there from my C&P exams from last week at the VA.

Also I was told that the QTC has 72 hours to submit their report to the VA - I am sure the VA has it but to be sure I would go with the advice above and go back to the QTC facility or at least call them and let them know the situation.

Thanks for all the replies. I called the QTC doctor that gave me the exam and they said they forwarded the results to QTC and for me to call them. I called QTC and they said they forwarded the exam to my RO in atlanta on the 2nd

of aug. I sent an IRIS every week for the last 5 weeks and finally recieved this from IRIS today :

According to our records we received your examination results on August 3, 2014.

Your claim is currently in the Development Phase of processing. This phase is where we gather all the evidence we need in order to make a decision on your claim. Our systems show that we are currently waiting for service treatment records requested on August 5, 2014. If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you. Currently, claims at the Atlanta Regional Office are taking about five months to complete. Please understand that these time frames are only averages, and that your claim may take longer based upon the specifics of your claim and VA’s pending workload. Well i still don't know what their requesting to this date but i'm glad to see that my exam was recieved. Now about the five months time frame HA,HA I'm on the sixteen month now and still gathering evidence. The OJ trial did'nt half as long to gather evidence :blush: I'll just continue to wait ,wait,WAIT!!!