VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Held Yesterday

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings to all,

My wife and I took the veteran in question to his C&p exam for Right Median nerve damage.(EMG).

Let me back up a ltlle here. The veteran in question went to his Chiropractor last week,. This guy informed him that his symptoms do not line up with left median nerve damage, in which is currently rated at 20% This veteran informed me he wasn't going to accept a dignosed he was never given so that if it ment he would loose his 20% thats ok with him. He sent this information to the VARO. We went through his entire medical file which included 3 C&P exams given to veteran 6 months ago by Nuroligists that never mentioned "Right median nerve damge" but said that his current left side issues were due to myofacial strain and possible spinal issues and caused him to be feeling numbness and tingling in his right fingers and arm.

He wrote a letter for the VARO and the C&P doctor and told them that he didn't have "Median nerve damge" and that no where in his medical file is it ever mentioned, even the results of his last C&P exams gave other reasons why he is having these symptoms. He walks with a cane and has terrible gait because of his bi-lateral foor issues which he is rated at 100%. It is only mentioned in his award letter that the VARO gave him 20%.

At the C&P exam the results were normal/boarderline. The 2 doctors who gave him the EMG said that it was possible that due to his gait and how he walks and the cane that it could be pinching a nerve causing his forearm and fingers numbness and tingling. He informed me this moring he sent letters to the VARO telling them of this new information and also told me he sent a letter to the doctor who did the exam asking for his written opinion that this could be possible in regards to an impengement on the median nerve even though the test was normal/boarderline.

Does anyone have any advice or input on how the VARO will handle this issue and how this veteran should handle this issue? he is 74 years old and rated at 100% +SMC. Thank you all. God bless.

Bound4Heaven

Edited by Bound4heaven

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet