Newbie Here And So Glad I Found This Place!

LPS808

After numerous google searches to help with info, since I filed disability FDC blindly I finally found such an INformataive Helpful site! Thank you for this site and I will be donating monthly because this is a Place that surely deserves it for all the heplful information.

Little about me- Female

USAF - 6 years - 2000-2006. DId not call in till June 2013.

Reqested claim papers June 2013, but didn't FDC finish it and mail it till June 2014 just to get it in.

Sept 2014 - Total awarded 30%.

20% - Back

10% - 3rd Metacarpal broke (6 screws, 1 plate) 2 surgerys back to back, first was 2 screws, 6 weeks later after cast, they went back in to put fix again after breaking in the cast)

Both Knees - deffered

Strange though they it didn't show them having any information on me being seen after service at 3 clinics for my issues and when I went in for the exam they only talked about what was in my medical active duty service records, and ebenefits doesn't show it either.

Now I will be appealing for a higher rating due to My hand Being a HUGE issue and constant issues with pain and not being able to type as much or as well nor lift anything more than 8lbs without it giving out and me dropping someting from sharp instant pain which last for days.

I am just happy that I did get a rating, and found this site a few days ago, hoping to learn more and help my dad (Veitname Vet, 6 yrs toal spent in VtNam., retired 1984, and has been denied disability when filed 4 years ago)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You should get a copy of your C file before you file your appeal so you can find out exactly what the VA currently has in your file. Also, do not rely on the VA to get your medical records (private or VA). Get the records yourself.

You should also get an IMO from your private doctors. There is info on this website regarding what information is needed in the IMOs.

Take your time and get your ducks in a row before you file your appeal. Just don't let the one year appeal deadline expire.

If you are willing to provide info on your medical conditions, other Hadit members (especially those with the same conditions) will be in a better position to give you their opinions regarding what you need to be successful in your appeals.

Please post the info on your father. A lot of Hadit members, including myself, are ready and willing to help him. I am a Vietnam veteran and currently have two medical conditions caused by my exposure to Agent Orange. Check out the list of presumptive diseases for Agent Orange on the VA government website. If your father has been diagnosed with any of these diseases, all he has to do is provide evidence of his service in Vietnam and he will easily qualify for disability compensation.

Good luck to you and your father. Thanks to both of you for your service.

LPS808:

There's a lot of wonderful folks that help here. It's wonderful to have a community of vets that are willing to help. You can search issues that are similiar to your own...it's amazing how complicate these thing can become. That said, congrats in terms of whay ou are already receiveing which is a good start. Unfortunalty, appeals are taking a lot of time these days...but you'll need to get started as soon as possible.

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Glad you got your rating. Good advice given above.

Your father was in Nam for that long? (hat off, salute) My father was there too and I am also helping him out with his claims