VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally Complete... Waiting On Bbe

Rate this topic

mariorivera830

can I ask how you managed to get sleep apnea service connected?

I'm 90% combined, but 100% TDIU P&T and dont know if it is worth appealing again. I just finally got the SOC. I'm on CPAP since 2010, as soon as VA finally gave me a sleep study...complained for 5 yrs asking for a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea or not... and I filed as 2nd to my SC'd PTSD. I gained a ton of weight (If that matters) and said multiple times I had sleep issues on my exit physical but their contention to this point was I never had any sleep complaints, so I would need to pursue a an IMO, but it costs like 1500, so should I even bother?

sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread.

congrats on your success so far....

No worries, questions upon questions is how we all learn.

As far as how I got sleep apnea? I couldn't tell you. I don't remember complaining about much when I was in service and I don't have my smr yet, so I couldn't really say for sure how it worked.

I've only had my cpap machine for just over a year and a half. But once I get the bbe, I will update here their rationale for the granted and denied claims.

Sorry I couldn't be more help yet, but I don't remember much of that time period... Or much else for that matter.

Good luck.

-Mario

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use