VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got My Letter Today!

Rate this topic

Tela

I got my letter today and it confirmed the 100% for MDD w/Panic Disorder, 20% right femur and 10% left knee and the 2 deferred contentions.The 100% is not P&T but it didn't give a re-eval date. It also address the bilateral factor mistake they made and I'll receive $$$ for it. I didn't receive any forms for my ID or anything. Will that come later?

This link contains some good info on the bilateral factor:

GOOD FOR YOU ,as you caught their error.Congrats on that award.

"I didn't receive any forms for my ID or anything"

Others will chime in on that... I am curious as to how that works myself.

This link contains some good info on the bilateral factor:

GOOD FOR YOU ,as you caught their error.Congrats on that award.

"I didn't receive any forms for my ID or anything"

Others will chime in on that... I am curious as to how that works myself.

Thank You! I only caught the mistake because of the research that I've done on this site. ( I hardly ever post but I do lurk a lot. LOL). Only then I knew what to ask them. It was an error made back in 2011 when I won an appeal for my left knee dating back to 2005. It didn't effect me until I was awarded 50% for MDD earlier this year and my rating was 60% rather than 70% because the bilateral factor wasn't include. I doubt they would have caught it had I not...

Go to Ebenefits and download and print a copy of your commissary letter which will show your 100% rating and your entitlement to commissary privileges. Take this letter along with your drivers license, social security card and any other forms of ID you have to the nearest military base (ID/CAC office). If you are married take the same identification items for your wife plus your marriage certificate. If you have children you will need their social security cards. Take original documents. I took a copy of our marriage certificate and I had to go back home and get the original.

The best thing to do is to call the base ID/CAC office and schedule an appointment to get the ID cards. Also, to be on the safe side ask them exactly what you need to bring with you. They usually take the photos, have you sign the cards, laminate them and give them to you a few minutes later.

Congratulations and Good luck.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use