VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Timetable For An Appeal To The Bva?

Rate this question

jeffperry1134

Question

I have a question about my appeal that I did appealing to the BVA. We did my appeal back in 2009 and according to the eBenefits website the paperwork has been done in the appeal form in 2010 but it is sitting at the regional office for some reason. I called the Veteran appeal assistance line and it says the BVA does not have it. They gave me the regional office number and I was hung up on like 5 times because the customer flow was so great. I called after hours 3 times now with no response after leaving messages. My POA is doing nothing to help with the situation and I have not even talked with her in over 18 months. I have called her and left messages without response. I sent a question into the eBenefits website on what should I do but have yet to get a response. The appeal is for an increased rating on my PTSD. Since my filing for the increase I have had 5 C&P evaluations as well with only one lasting more than 15 minutes. If anyone has some advice on what I should do it would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It sounds like your board appeal is waiting to be certified by the RO. That takes place before it goes to the Board. Call your Congressional reps to launch an inquiry as to why the appeal has not yet been certified after all this time. That may help. At least you'll get a written response as to what is going on.

JMO -- you get what you pay for. Drop the POA and get a veteran law attorney.