VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Kkp Update

Rate this question

kkp

Question

To those who remember I decided to use Dr. Bash on My rt. knee claim. He told Me on the phone he would examine my file and if he thought he could win my case He would cash my check, if not he would send it back. I notice on my online banking this morning he cashed the check.

I also Emailed my ro yesterday about my ptsd claim and got my reply this morning. I am pasting a copy at the end of this post because its a topic thats been discussed alot recently. So I'll give you guys something straight from the horse's--- sorry, I meant to say mouth.

When I talked to Dr Bash ,he told me he could proably get an appeal within three months in Dc. He also said I could waive my ptsd claim from the ro to Dc and have both cases appealed within three months.

all things being equal I think thats what I'll do if possible. I am only 50% ptsd. kkp

We are currently processing your appeal for PTSD. We received your Notice of Disagreement on February 28, 2005. Unfortunately, our average processing time for appeals is currently 660 days from the date we receive the Notice of Disagreement, so it may be some time before you receive additional correspondence.

We are also working on your claim for individual unemployability that we received on September 27, 2006. The average processing time for this type of claim is currently 243 days. We will consider all evidence provided when making a determination on your claim.

Once a decision is made on either claim, or if additional evidence is required, we will notify you by mail.

Do You Have Questions Or Need Assistance?

If you have any questions, call us toll-free by dialing 1 800 827 1000. Our TDD number for the hearing impaired is 1 800 829 4833. If you call, please have this letter with you.

Sincerely yours,

L. D. WELDIN

Service Center Manager

Veteran/Inquirer 10/03/2006 02:43 PM

I would like to know the status of my ptsd claim. Is it in line to be reviewed soon. Can you give me a rough estimate of when I'll be hearing something. Also I am presently rated 50%. I sent in with other material a 21-8940 form for unemployability, will this be considered.I also sent in the side effects of the meds i take will this be considered. thanks

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

660 days.....243 days.......That is discusting, and all we Vets hear is the quality of processing time the VA touts every year. If the house changes in November I would send this to Buyers replacement. ( that felt good to say)