VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Entitlement For Service-Connection For Ptsd Is Reopened/ The Entitlement For Service Connection For Mood Disorder With Ptsd Is Awarded

Rate this question

johnwreno

Question

I had my BVA hearing in Portland Or, yea leader of the scandals,back in June after a 5 yr wait from the time I filed the appeal.I was granted the reopening of service connection for PTSD because I finally had received the US Army Criminal Command file 85 pages deep and mostly blacked out from my being kidnapped by 5 fellow members of my own unit at Ft Bragg NC back in 1979. I had a C& P hearing in 2008 and was denied because some idiot said I had a history of childhood abuse and my adoptive father spoiled...WTH? I guess it's perfectly ok to kidnap someone who has these problems even though it is so far from the truth it's not funny , As usual the incompentint employees of the VA put what they want in my file and say anything they want in order to get me a behavioral flag in my file because I don't put up with liars and will get in anyones face about lying to me, I don't care who you are.

Now I'm waiting to be rated and to get my back pay.since the entitlement to reopen the Ptsd claim was approved my attorney says it will go back to my original date of filing which is 2004

This is suppose to be expedited as was the BVA judges decision since they are working on appeals filed in 2011/2012 but still have not heard anything since the appeal determination letter.

I'm so tired of this hurry up and wait..I have had nothing but problems with the Portand/Vancouver Va and am pretty much only allowed to see my Primary care dr. I'm not allowed in buildings on post and am suppose to have an armed guard with me when I'm there.WHATEVER. I'm on a HUD/Vash voucher for my housing and with the measly 720 I get a month from SSI I have money one day a month and then sit and stare at the walls the rest of the month

Problems with the va here are numerous from being selected for a job in laundry and being turned down because I didn't sign up for selective service because why? I WAS IN THE MILITARY then turned down a second time because they hired full time the same two people they hired when they denied me the job the first time and said I wasn't qualified, but who do you think trained the same two people. I was the only CWT in 12 yrs to run all equipment and the floor but I wasn't qualified.again WHATEVER I was needing rotator cuff surgery and was over 900 on a waiting list for surgery and told they would farm it out after waiting a year I was told that I wasn't service connected so wait another six months. My housing case manager just put in my file that I'm a practicing johovah witness, hell I cant even spell it , and I had a bible study every week at my place of worship and it was a big part of my life. And since my case manager lied to me and called me up after I set up a mental health apt to have PTSD paperwork questioniar filed out by a dr for my BVA hearing I told him he was housing and to stay out of my medical business and that he was not allowed to come to my house or call me. So the brain surgeons had another meeting and I was passed off to the state level and told the va would not call me if I don't call them.

Can anyone tell me why I signed up for this run around. Especially since most of the people I was willing to die for there freedom don't deserve it.

anyway what is the process of rating me and the length

There is a lot more but my blood is boiling now so I'm going to stop before I say something that can and will be used against me.........lol

any advice would help, sorry about the spelling

Your terrible experience with the VA is ,unfortunately indicative of the way MANY vets get treated.

Many if us claimants can sure relate to the fact that VA will ignore or even fail to get important records that can help our claims.

The good news is you have prevailed at the BVA,,,that is ....they had approved a re-open:

"Now I'm waiting to be rated and to get my back pay.since the entitlement to reopen the Ptsd claim was approved my attorney says it will go back to my original date of filing which is 2004"

My VARO denied me a re-open years ago but the BVA not only re-opened the claim, but after a remand, they awarded that claim.

It is hard to determine what the RO will do.......

Do you have the citation number and Docket number of the BVA case? If it is posted already at the BVA site we can offer more help.

Do you get the SSI solely for PTSD?

"I was granted the reopening of service connection for PTSD because I finally had received the US Army Criminal Command file 85 pages deep and mostly blacked out from my being kidnapped by 5 fellow members of my own unit at Ft Bragg NC back in 1979. I had a C& P hearing in 2008 and was denied because some idiot said I had a history of childhood abuse and..."

Were you ever denied by VA in the past ,in an unappealed decision for this same disability (PTSD) or is 2004 the initial filing date?

Your attorney sounds confident that your RO will award the claim.

I sure hope so.....

Thank you for your service!

Maybe I read this wrong....

Did the BVA re-open the claim and then actually award it and then send it back to the RO for the rating?

I think that is what you mean?