VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Va Senior Execs To Go

Berta

WASHINGTON — The Veterans Affairs Department said it is firing four senior executives as officials move to crack down on wrongdoing following a nationwide scandal over long wait times for veterans seeking medical care, and falsified records covering up the delays.
Full story at
http://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/va-to-fire-4-senior-executives-in-response-to-wait-time-scandal-1.307025

In another news article:
"TAMPA — The director of the James A. Haley VA Medical Center has a message for every one of the Tampa hospital's more than 4,800 employees: Answer the phone."

In part:

"Collins said veterans had complained in focus groups and town hall meetings about long waits on the phone at Haley."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/military/veterans/haley-va-director-to-employees-answer-the-phones/2200986

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

A good start...

Now they can address the phone waits for the 1-800 number

If the fired employees had their required time in for retirement and had reached retirement age at the time of their firing, they will retain their pensions and full benefits. If they have not reached retirement age at the time of their firing, they can defer their retirement until they reach retirement age and receive a full or partial government pension depending on their total years of service.

About the only way federal employees lose all rights to their pensions and benefits is to be convicted of a serious crime such as treason.

JMO

Yeah!!!

Fox News just made the point that at least one of them retired last week and apparently the new Sec can now fire anyone at VA but must give them 5 day notices to appeal the firing. ( so they would have time, in many cases, to retire within the 5 days.)

The whole point is to hold people accountable. The duty of VA employees is to get it right in a timely manner not stagnate the system.

• HadIt.com Elder

VA needs a complete do over. The concept of a concentrated hospital system just for vets is great if the VA had the resources to make it really work, but they don't and never will. Just hand it over to private health care system already in place. I have been dealing with VA over getting appointments outside the VA. Disaster! Nobody wants to treat patients under fee base or any such system if they have to deal with the VA. Now all I will do is just go to the VA for pills as infrequently as possible. I will pay for my own health care. I do anyway. I will be dead for 50 years and the VA will still be a mess. Out of the blue I was told I have a vision appointment Wednesday way across town. I hav an appointment at the same time with a private doctor 2 miles from my home. Now they will report back I refused care for my eyes. They make this impossible for me. I don't need their help since I am not a charity case yet.

John