VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Va Senior Execs To Go

Berta

• HadIt.com Elder

When the VA says they can fire people they must realize that most VA employees are vets and they all have rights under MSPB. When the USPS fired me for misconduct etc. and tried to take away my pension I hired a lawyer under the MSPB. I not only got my full pension , but I had it written into the deal that nothing would prevent me from filing for worker's compensation. So as I settled with the USPS I filed for worker's compensation (75% of my wages tax free) and got that in lieu of the retirement until I got TDIU. They threw me right into the briar patch. I could not work anymore any way but I was not going to take getting fired for being medically unfit due to work related injuries. The way 99% of federal employees get fired is for excessive absences from work. There is a whole big process where they must counsel you blah, blah. and then suspend you and finally fire you. At USPS most got their jobs back except those like me who did not want it back.

John