Bva's Wait Time On Tdiu Claims

MPsgt

Question

I currently have a claim at the Board of Veteran Appeals. It has been with the BVA since 09/24/2013. I signed a waiver. Requesting that BVA make a decision on my claim and not my Veteran Affairs Regional Office in Kentucky. This appeal remained at the VARO for two years without a favorable resolution. I'm expecting at least another 18 months or longer with BVA. What say others to this topic?

Edited by MPsgt

• HadIt.com Elder

I think one year more or longer.

During that time if you have any more probative evidence, send it to the BVA,under your Docket number and get a proof of mailing.

• Like 1

I think one year more or longer.

During that time if you have any more probative evidence, send it to the BVA,under your Docket number and get a proof of mailing.

Berta...How can I find my docket number? Should my Veterans Service Representative have it? I do believe I could submit a letter of support from the VetCenter counselor, my medicare verification, and OPM continued disability letters. I'll try to get ahold of the VSR for the docket number. Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the BVA sent me a letter when they gave my past DMII claim a docket number.

Because, at that time, although I had proof of my ROs receipt of my evidence,I sent it all again directly to the BVA once I had the docket number.

You mentioned "OPM continued disability letters."

Do those letters regard what you are seeking SC for (or a higher rating for?)

If so ,did you send them to the VARO when they propcessed the claim you are appealing?

VA lowballed my neighbor for 10% for back disability years ago.

He was 20 years AF retired so VA sent the comp check and DOD deducted the 10% amount from his retirement check.

He had OPM involvement I think because he was retired under FERS and then received SSDI, all due, he says, to the 10% SC.

By OPM due you mean FERS? Do you also get SSDI for the same disability?

For about eight or nine years now, every time he brings it up to me , he still has failed to apply for an increase ( I think he should apply for TDIU based on what he told me)That could set him up for Concurrent Receipt (CRDP) as well as TDIU.

My long point here is ,when the VA denied , was the denial regarding TDIU?

If so did they list as Evidence anything regarding the OPM stuff that might have been very probative to the TDIU claim?