VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Doesn't Make Sense

Rate this question

vet90

Question

Can someone tell me if this could possibly be a request for C & P? This is a list of all items that have been requested from 3rd parties. VA Medical Facility is listed as 3rd party. Requested on 10/08

6 answers to this question

????

If you filed a claim and notified VA of other medical entities that have treated you or if you get SSDI, and they know it ....the VA will try to obtain tjhose records .(I think they still need your signature on 21-22 authorization forms,. to get those records.)

I see you are 50% now so I assume this involves a claim for a separate disability then the 50%?

Or maybe for a claim for a higher rating, based on treatment records that have occurred since they awarded the 50% ???

VA wont let me use ebenefits but I think you mean this is where the list is?????

Or within a VCAA letter they sent to you?

Can someone tell me if this could possibly be a request for C & P? This is a list of all items that have been requested from 3rd parties. VA Medical Facility is listed as 3rd party. Requested on 10/08

Yep. That's how it showed on ebenefits for hubby. We got a phone call 2 or 3 weeks later for a C&P. they called on a Saturday.

Once the appt. is scheduled, it will also appear in the Exam calendar.

Good luck.

Study the DBQ for your issues if you haven't already. The examiner should ask questions right off the DBQ.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/dbq_ListByDBQFormName.asp

Also study the rating schedule for your issues.

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?rgn=div5;node=38:1.0.1.1.5

Edited by NavyWife

vet90,

Do not depend on the C & P examiner reviewing your c-file prior to your exam. Take any evidence with you that might support your IU claim. Medical records (VA and non-VA) and any other documents showing your inability to work due to your disabling conditions. I would include bringing documents from VA voc rehab, former employers and others which indicate you are unable to work. JMO

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

• HadIt.com Elder

These C&P docs almost never look at C-File. Too much work and time for their paycheck. They look at VA records and private records if they are concise. These doctors do many exams to make a buck. Maybe five claims a day and maybe more they do exams. No time to read c-file and hardly time to look at VA records. I had exams where doctor hardly knew what I was being examined for unless I told him. Looking and understanding DBQ is important. You don't want to quote right off the DBQ. You must make the doctor think it is his idea. You need to know when to agree and when to disagree. If he gets into time before service they watch out.

John