VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eyeglasses

Rate this question

mssoup1

Question

I am sure this has been asked and answered here before, but I could not find it. Can anyone tell me how often a veteran can receive a pair of glasses if he is eligible to receive them. Is it once a year, every two years? What happens if they break or lose their glasses?

Thanks

mssoup

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
I am sure this has been asked and answered here before, but I could not find it. Can anyone tell me how often a veteran can receive a pair of glasses if he is eligible to receive them. Is it once a year, every two years? What happens if they break or lose their glasses?

Thanks

mssoup

Pretty sure it's once a year, however the VA tries to push it off to 2. When glasses are broken just contact the VA and they'll issue replacements.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Fact is in Dallas to get new glasses your prsecription has to change. If they break they will fix them. I don't know if you lose them.

• HadIt.com Elder

If I don't have appointment in year, I ask Primary Care to get me consult. One year scored 2 pair at one time. Regular progressive & another pair to read, work on Computer. Guess he felt bad for me cause I was taking radiation at the time & he figured I wouldn't be around to get them the next year. Well he was bad wrong.

Don

Guest rickb54

I believe the rules say one pair every year. However I have utilized Four different Medical Centers in the last five years and they all had their own rules.

Fayetteville NC gave me two glassses one was perscription sun glasses( perscription same as regular glasses)

Temple Texas gave me tinted glasses which I could not use because at night they were too dark, and the VA would not give me a new clear pair before the year was out.

Columbia SC would only repair a lens they would not give me new glasses even thought they were over a year old.

Augusta Georgia, would only allow one pair, they arrived after two months with a bent frame, and the bifocal is too large so that it obstructs my normal line of vision, they replaced the frame, but refused to replace the glass so that I could use then. When the dude at the va told me this, I threw the glasses on his desk and told him to stick them where the sun don't shine. I Went to wal-mart, purchased a pair and had them the same day.....

To heck with the va and their cheap ass gasses

• HadIt.com Elder

You only get one pair of cheap glasses at the Tampa VAMC and they outsource that to a optical shop near by. No sun glasses and nothing extra sort of like the glasses you got in the military. You know the ones you would be ashamed to wear in public.