VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Hope I Done The Right Thing

Rate this question

coastie72

Question

My DAV VSO submitted a claim on my behalf for depression secondary to tinnitus and hearing loss, my only SC currently. It is nearly impossible to get in touch with him and I can't take time away from work too often. That claim has not shown up yet on Ebenifits, I don't know how long it should take.

Over the last to weeks my depression, and it is more too it than the tinnitus, has overwhelmed me terribly. So today I contacted the Vet Crisis Center and entered into a lengthy chat that I finally gave into letting them contact me. I hope this was the right thing to do. I had no way of letting my DAV VSO know. I just knew I had to do something. The lady that called was super nice and I sort of opened up to her about my issues. She say's I will be contacted by Tuesday from my local VA. Doing this was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Now I am hoping and praying I done the right thing. I definitely need help, and soon. God Bless.

Coastie,

I agree with Notorious Kelly and I appreciate your candor.

You did the right thing. Your health is your number one priority. If you are worried this might hurt your claim, don't worry. If anything, your call to the Vet Crisis Center is more evidence of your depression.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

I have an medical appointment on Oct 30th, I have not received a letter yet so I don't know if this is with a medical or mental health Dr. I am so ready for some kind of help

and I am hoping that there is something that will help me before it is too late.

If you claimed PTSD it might be a C & P exam for that.

I answered your proof of stressor question somewhere else here this AM.