VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Understanding Latest Ratting

Rate this topic

"Extraschedular entitlement to Special Monthly compensation based on Aid and Attendance criteria being met is granted from August 20,2010. " Is this Aid and attendance or SMC or does it help me with a claim I have in for aid and attendance?

I understand by what I have read here but I was told by the call center that I still had a claim for aid and attendance in the works. I have currently in the system a claim for Housing grant to modify my current home and a claim that is in the Pending notification phase. I have called since I got this letter but the aid and attendance is still out there.

I am currently also awarded for the S ratting my ability to transfer and get around the house is limited and I need help getting dressed and other issues.

I have been holding off asking for an earlier effective date on a disability and not sure if it is worth the potential aggravation of my claims that are in. I had been retired from my fulltime job from a SC condition but at the time I was not SC for it. I had read up on this forum and thanks to you all I feel like I should have had been at least TDIU from the date I was forced to leave my civilian job. I submitted all of my civilian doctors and SSDI which clearly stated I was retired for my now SC disability but putting in for that for fear it would screw up my Aid and Attendance claim.

I am thankful now that my wife is able to be home more with me since she had to go from full time to PRN but since I am not a post 911 vet I am not disappointed I am just glad to have someone to help me.

I want to thank all of you for putting up with my questions over the long haul. Have a good day...

Thanks all, I was happy I was awarded the S ratting but my question is if it is the S ratting, is this the progression of a claim? I am not sure how the process works do you get a SMC award and then granted A&A or is the other way around A&A and then a S award? I have no idea how this all works but I do know it is slow going. I appreciate the help with this. My local congressman office was awesome helping me inquire about the status of the claim they told me it was A&A but the 1-800 call center tells me my claim for A&A is still pending. I will post if I get an answer this week. I have had this claim for A&A going since 2009 not a long haul compared to another claim that was remanded from BVA to my VARO in 2010 it has been at my VARO since 02/2010 I hope I will get the claim for A&A answered soon. I have had good luck with my Congressman office if that helps anyone else I would suggest contacting your congressman office I had good luck. Adios and thanks for any ideas...

• HadIt.com Elder

The A&A or HB is awarded and the "s" award is the money part. The "s" award is the amount that is added to your base rate. If there are additional SMC awards later, depending on the severity of your disabilities, they will be added, as other letter awards and generally replace the "s" award.

pr